Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Power Mac G4 Dual 867 MHz, 17" LCD Studio Display, Pro Speakers, iSub

FS: Power Mac G4 Dual 867 MHz, 17" LCD Studio Display, Pro Speakers, iSub
TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2006, 04:47 PM

I'm selling my Power Mac G4. Sad to see it go, really, as I had put a bunch of upgrades into it and had hoped to keep a Classic-capable machine around. Finances rule, though. Here are the specs.
  • Dual 867 MHz G4 processors
  • 1.25 GB RAM (2x 512 MB (Crucial), 1x 256 MB (stock)
  • 140 GB hard drive space (80 GB + 60 GB)
  • Radeon 9600 Pro 64 MB with two DVI-ports
  • Combo drive
  • new Apple PSU and fan (makes it a bit quieter than stock)

The Radeon 9600 Pro supports CoreImage and has two DVI ports for dual displays (no ADC). Comes with original black Pro Keyboard and Pro Mouse. I've also got a set of Apple Pro Speakers and an iSub to go with it. They sound great -- I've used them as my main audio system for years. Computer alone goes for $600. Speakers and iSub add another $100.

I've also got a 17" LCD Apple Studio Display with ADC. One dead pixel off center (don't really notice it unless the screen is black). No scratches! $250.

All items come in their original boxes and packaging. Shipping to be determined based on location of buyer. Otherwise, I live in Berkeley, so if you're in the Bay Area feel free to pick them up. Hit me up with questions or offers.
Per Square Mile | A blog about density

kondspi
Oct 23, 2006, 07:09 PM

The G4 value calculator says that this computer is worth $506.
See this link.
I suppose the original box gives it a bit more value...

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by kondspi View Post
The G4 value calculator says that this computer is worth $506.
See this link.
I suppose the original box gives it a bit more value...
Nor does it include the Radeon 9600 Pro (far more powerful than any graphics card originally included). Or Crucial RAM over some generic sticks. I'm not trying to sound snarky (although your reply has put me in a difficult position), but that website is by no means definitive.

If you are interested, but don't like the price, please PM or email me an offer.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 23, 2006, 07:25 PM

The Power Mac is a bit high, but it's not outrageous. The Studio Display is a bit too much. I would say $150. On the other hand, from the pictures, you can tell that this setup has really been taken care of. Whether or not it is worth a slight premium is up to the seller and buyer.

Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 23, 2006, 10:10 PM

Too bad you need cash for it. I have an Intel Mac Mini I am beginning to be interested in trading for a tower.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Oct 24, 2006, 04:55 AM

Yep, that linked site (the-ish.com) is by no means definitive, although it appears to be a reasonable way to get a base starting price in general terms.

Unfortunately, it does not allow for upgrades and add-ons except ram and drives. Things like better video & expansion cards do add more value, but you just have to judge that for yourself......

So in this case, starting with a base price of $506 for the tower, add in something for the 9600, the new psu & fan, plus the orginal boxes to ship it in, and overall the OP's asking price of $600 seems fair, at least IMHO anyways

However, I do agree that the display price is too high. Many 17" LCD's can be had for ~$100 AR nowadays. So even if you add in something for the apple style, I'd say ~$150 would be fair. It IS several years old, and has an ADC connector, which severely limits your connection options......
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by bowwowman View Post
Yep, that linked site (the-ish.com) is by no means definitive, although it appears to be a reasonable way to get a base starting price in general terms.

Unfortunately, it does not allow for upgrades and add-ons except ram and drives. Things like better video & expansion cards do add more value, but you just have to judge that for yourself......

So in this case, starting with a base price of $506 for the tower, add in something for the 9600, the new psu & fan, plus the orginal boxes to ship it in, and overall the OP's asking price of $600 seems fair, at least IMHO anyways

However, I do agree that the display price is too high. Many 17" LCD's can be had for ~$100 AR nowadays. So even if you add in something for the apple style, I'd say ~$150 would be fair. It IS several years old, and has an ADC connector, which severely limits your connection options......
Thanks for pointing all this out. Keep in mind, everyone, that I am open to offers.

heartsglory
Oct 25, 2006, 08:41 PM

How much for the whole thing and any trades?

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2006, 03:38 AM

PM sent.

heartsglory
Oct 30, 2006, 07:58 PM

Reply to your pm sent.

lmcintyre
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 2, 2006, 09:33 PM

would you consider selling just the apple pro speakers? If so name a price.

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 2, 2006, 09:35 PM

Sure. How does $30 sound?

TimmyDee51  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2006, 06:56 PM

The whole package is still available. Also, I'm looking to accept trades now. I'd like to get my mom a nice, smallish Mac laptop (PowerBook 12", MacBook). Let me know if you'd like to swap!

Forum Links
Forum Rules