Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Windows 7/Lion Networking Problem

Windows 7/Lion Networking Problem
Manchild Prodigy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 14, 2011, 11:55 AM

I just recently (well, yesterday) purchased an iMac. It's replacing a Windows box. I have another Windows box (running Windows 7) that acts as a file server. I was able to freely access the files stored on the server (which I named Teletraan) from the other computer. Unfortunately, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get this to work with the iMac.

I followed the steps described here to the letter, but it won't work. Every try to connect to Teletraan I get a "Connection Failed" dialogue box. I've tried it with both the Wi-Fi and ethernet connections and I run into the same problem. I really have no idea why this isn't working. I followed the steps exactly and everything appears to be configured the way it needs to be configured. I'm at a complete loss right now.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm pretty much out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ibook_steve
Oct 14, 2011, 03:53 PM

Welcome to our forums!

In a Finder window, does the PC show up in the sidebar on the left under Shared? Also, you pretty much always have to connect to a specific drive, as it says at the bottom of the article. Are you going to c$?

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Forum Links
Forum Rules