Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 4)
Dakar V
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2009, 03:45 PM

Once we get your address, we're kidnapping you, taking you to my house, and forcing you to play Burnout Paradise.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2009, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar V View Post
Once we get your address, we're kidnapping you, taking you to my house, and forcing you to play
Lips: Love Duets from the 70's & 80's edition in your whitie tighties.
What?

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 14, 2009, 04:11 PM

Or just hire me to build you a new house (you know you have an extra 500 grand) and I'll buy Burnout as soon as the last check comes in.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 14, 2009, 04:13 PM

Out of spite, the day Sek decides to play Burnout Paradise is the day I decide to buy and play all the WaW: Nazis Zombie maps.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 14, 2009, 04:14 PM

Daaaamn yooouuuu Stooooogiieeeeee!!!!

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2009, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I might take you up on that offer, Bogues.
Hell ya, let me know, if you want to just PM me.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2009, 05:21 PM

PM sent.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 15, 2009, 07:24 PM

PM sent.
PM Replied

In other news: looks like i'm picking up WaW off a friend for 20$ + an extra HDMI cable i had laying around (can't pass it up)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 15, 2009, 09:35 PM

Get the zombie maps!

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 16, 2009, 02:27 PM

Don't do it Bogues. Hold out on the zombie map packs until Fatty gets Burnout Paradise. That's what I'm doing.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2009, 03:41 PM

PM sent.
Shipped! Let me know when it arrives, shouldn't take long.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 18, 2009, 06:08 PM

Can't wait to dismember alien hordes!

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2009, 07:53 PM

Can't wait to dismember alien hordes!
Its pretty awesome sauce but... its more like

Anyway since this is my COD4 and COD MW2 thread, i'm just using it as my WaW thread too.
Got world at war from a friend and even though i've been without xbox live access since saturday when i moved (awaiting another router) i've put some time in. (did i ever mention how much i miss just being able to access my friends list/netflix/bullshit videos "inside xbox".

So far i will say its a great game and the veteran mode is MUCH more difficult than COD4, in COD4 i ran into a few hard sections that would take numerous tries but with WaW entire levels feel like those hard sections. Not sure how far i am but no multiplayer or zombie mania until i finish this campaign on veteran.
( Last edited by klb5090; Aug 19, 2009 at 09:03 PM. )

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 19, 2009, 08:47 PM

I'm almost done with veteran on COD 4. (Currently stuck on the "No fighting in the war room" level.) Man, that's hard enough. What makes WaW harder than COD 4? Is it the cheap enemy re-spawn.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I'm almost done with veteran on COD 4. (Currently stuck on the "No fighting in the war room" level.) Man, that's hard enough. What makes WaW harder than COD 4? Is it the cheap enemy re-spawn.
"no fighting in the war room" was pretty intense but nothing tops the "mile high club" in COD4. Are you going to just finish the campaign on veteran or get all the achievements?

Really its only a few little things but it makes a huge difference in the difficulty. The number one thing is in Veteran it feels like it rains grenades, its beyond ridiculous. At any given point you will run from a grenade marker or throw one back only to be barraged by 3, 4, or 5 more. Some levels aren't too difficult and much in line with COD4 but others have VERY frustrating parts (you'll get the "Purple Heart" achievement early on which requires you to die 20 times on a single level)

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2009, 10:22 PM

Mile high club was not that hard. You just need to move fast and need to know when to throw your flash nades.

WaW was way freakin' harder due to infinite respawning and nade spamming by the AI like bogues said.

Wait till you get to the 2nd two flak cannons on "Heart of the Reich" (2nd to the last level). That **** was ridiculous!

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
Mile high club was not that hard.
Really? Its pretty f***** crazy. I would consider it the hardest achievement in COD4.

EDIT: If we trust "TrueAchievement" - "Mile High Club" has the highest TA Ratio of any COD4 Achievement (1.95) with only 26% of players having it, while the next closest is .19 away with 32%
( Last edited by klb5090; Aug 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM. )

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 20, 2009, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
Are you going to just finish the campaign on veteran or get all the achievements?
What do you think?

I'm finding "No fighting in the war room" challenging because the checkpoints in this level suck ass. Sometimes they load, some times they don't. It's a real pain. Having a time limit doesn't help either.

I haven't tackled the Mile High Club yet but one of the hardest levels for me was that damn Safe House. For some reason it took me almost an hour to get the checkpoint just after the fourth house.

The walkthrough videos over at http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/call-of-duty-4 have been a real life saver for me. I wouldn't have gotten this far in the game without them.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
Really? Its pretty f***** crazy. I would consider it the hardest achievement in COD4.

EDIT: If we trust "TrueAchievement" - "Mile High Club" has the highest TA Ratio of any COD4 Achievement (1.95) with only 26% of players having it, while the next closest is .19 away with 32%
How long did it take you to beat it? Yes, it was definitely the hardest achievement in COD4, but if you can remember where the enemies are and practice your flash nade throwing it's not that hard. It's more about memory, being able to use your flash nades appropriately, and moving fast. I beat it within a half hour. It definitely was a satisfying achievement to get.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009, 02:24 AM

Well Fatty, I finally decided to purchase map packs 2 & 3 for WaW. I'm going to go for the achievements. I'll see you on there. Bogues, are you getting it too? Looks like you only have a few levels left on veteran mode? Good luck. Let me know how "Heart of the Reich" works out for you.

Looks like my bro only has Mile High Club left to beat and only needs the last 15 intel item achievement to go. Didn't think you'd make it that far so fast. Good job!
( Last edited by KCrosbie; Aug 22, 2009 at 02:33 AM. )

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2009, 01:17 PM

Completed "Heart of the Reich" on Veteran. Took my two and a half hours, Kcros was right its the most frustrating level of all time. Only one mission left to complete my veteran run through.

My advice to Crosbie if you plan on trying this after you finish up COD4, do it when you are feeling lucky because thats the only way to get through

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2009, 02:14 PM

Wow, nice job Bogues. That one took me 4 hours to do. Which part of that level was the hardest for you? For me, it was when you were at the 3rd and 4th flak cannons. Watch out for that last level. The beginning is tough! Once you get up the stairs, it's pretty much clear sailing.

Bogues, are you getting the map packs?

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2009, 02:22 PM

Yea 3rd and 4th cannons were ludicrous, the amoutn of grenades was unbearable.

I'm planning on getting the map packs as soon as i finish up this campaign and its achievements.

EDIT: Finished the Veteran Campaign, only have a few little achievements left then i'll be picking up the map packs
( Last edited by klb5090; Aug 22, 2009 at 03:41 PM. )

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2009, 02:52 PM

Sweet Bogues! We need to work together and get the achievements. My bro Stogie is going to get it soon too as soon as he's done with COD 4.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 23, 2009, 03:51 PM

Oh man, I sense some NN Nazi Zombie matches in our future.

In other news I have Dead Space Boguesy, but alas it will wait to get played since I have tickets to Red Sox vs Yankees tonight at Fenway.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2009, 02:34 PM

Oh man, I sense some NN Nazi Zombie matches in our future.

In other news I have Dead Space Boguesy, but alas it will wait to get played since I have tickets to Red Sox vs Yankees tonight at Fenway.
Def some Nazi action in the future for the NN crew (minus that final dakar character). I'll be in need of some achievement hunting help also so lets get together.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 24, 2009, 02:57 PM

Wait for it.....

Wait for it......

100% Bitches!!!™

I'm downloading the zombie map packs now. I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to meetup.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2009, 03:12 PM

not gonna take a stab at the WaW Veteran Campaign???

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 24, 2009, 03:30 PM

I will, but I don't want to miss out your map pack achievement boosting meetups.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
I will, but I don't want to miss out your map pack achievement boosting meetups.
Also i'd like to get 4 of us to meet up and knock out the "blue ribbon" achievement, every time i do it i'm leading into the end of the level and then...the bottom person quits. F*** them.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 24, 2009, 06:26 PM

Only Map Pack 3 and 4 have achievements. I have all for MP3 and all but one for MP4. I suggest we start at 3 (shi no numa zombie level) and I can play support for people getting the achievements.

The only one I can see being difficult at first is the 150 headshots and 75,000 points, both acquired by me during a run to level 26, which took over two hours.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 24, 2009, 06:52 PM

Also, there will have to be a short period in where I convey all the tricks and tips I've amassed in my Zombie days.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2009, 06:58 PM

Also, there will have to be a short period in where I convey all the tricks and tips I've amassed in my Zombie days.
Awesome, good plan, the few runs i've done i've maxed out at around level 10, i can't imagine 26 (but my team usually sucks)

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 24, 2009, 08:35 PM

Only Map Pack 3 and 4 have achievements. I have all for MP3 and all but one for MP4. I suggest we start at 3 (shi no numa zombie level) and I can play support for people getting the achievements.
Map packs 2 & 3 are the ones that have the achievements (there is no 4... at least not yet).

Oh and veteran on COD: WaW sucks ass. It took me 3 hours to beat the first 3 levels.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Aug 24, 2009, 09:03 PM

Oh yeah, I must have meant Nazi Zombies levels 3 and 4.

Der Riese is the coolest one, but Shi No Numa is pretty damn fun too.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2009, 12:53 AM

That was fun tonight guys. We definitely need to hit it up again. I almost had the achievement for not needing to be revived. I made it to level 11 and you only need to make it to level 15.

I can help with the blue ribbon achievement. That'll be easy with the 4 of us.

You're missing out Dakar.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 25, 2009, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by KCrosbie View Post
You're missing out Dakar.
On the fun? I know.

Too bad I'm not willing to dump $50+ maps on a game I don't care for. Maybe if it was $20 with value-laden DLC... like Burnout: Paradise.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 25, 2009, 10:47 AM

In actual MW2 news:

I was presenting a singleplayer mission at the GameCrazy show this morning on stage and happened to walk over a body that had Akimbo (dual wield side arm), therefore the icon for the weapon popped up on screen and the room went crazy with chants demanding I pick it up and use it.

So I did.

Happened to be dual Deagles. Now to calm some initial fears of "OMG! Overpowered!". Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like EVERYTHING in the game. It's limited to sidearms, harder to aim than standard and you can't go ADS (aim down sights) since you have a weapon in each hand; Among other balancing techniques, so don't freak out before you see it in action.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2009, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
On the fun? I know.

Too bad I'm not willing to dump $50+ maps on a game I don't care for. Maybe if it was $20 with value-laden DLC... like Burnout: Paradise.
I just bought map packs 2 & 3 for 1600 M$ points.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 25, 2009, 11:58 AM

I'm talking about the entire game.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2009, 11:59 AM

Don't you have gamefly?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 25, 2009, 12:08 PM

You're thinking of rumor.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 25, 2009, 12:16 PM

Happened to be dual Deagles.
Took me a while to figure out Deagle was Desert Eagle. I've never liked it as a sidearm. The silenced USP is far better.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 25, 2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Took me a while to figure out Deagle was Desert Eagle. I've never liked it as a sidearm. The silenced USP is far better.
That depends on your priorities. As a sniper, I prefer the desert eagle for the raw stopping power of whatever asshole just came to hunt me down.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 25, 2009, 05:43 PM

That depends on your priorities. As a sniper, I prefer the desert eagle for the raw stopping power of whatever asshole just came to hunt me down.
Which sniper do you like? I just love the M40A3 with Acog. Although the Barrett is fun for the sound.

KCrosbie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2009, 08:05 PM

Absolutely. You can always count on the mighty deagle for the 1 shot takedowns.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 26, 2009, 11:44 AM

Which sniper do you like? I just love the M40A3 with Acog. Although the Barrett is fun for the sound.
M21 – though I was seeing if I could teach myself to use a R700 when I stopped playing.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 27, 2009, 08:57 AM

Ugh the R700, another weapon that I don't like. Kicks too much. M21 can be good fun.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 27, 2009, 10:26 AM

Ugh the R700, another weapon that I don't like. Kicks too much. M21 can be good fun.
Yeah, it kicks because it has some serious punch.

The M21 was a necessity because I needed the low recoil and semi-auto to use for no scoping invaders.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2009, 05:28 PM

fatty or the crosbie sisters down for some Nazi Zombie action tonight? i'll be on around 9/10 EST till 12ish...

Forum Links
Forum Rules