Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Thinking about applying for a Verizon Wireless retail sales job.

Thinking about applying for a Verizon Wireless retail sales job.
macfantn
Mac Elite
May 27, 2010, 07:38 PM

I was wondering if anyone here works for them? If so do you like it? What kind of money can I look forward to making in a retail store? I know it varies by city and store location, but roughly any ideas? I need a new job and need one fast I am burnt out at my current job (call center work).
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 27, 2010, 11:52 PM

Just stay away from working in AT&T stores. A guy walked into one around here today and shot the clerk in the gut. He had a list in his pocket of six other employees he planned to shoot as well, except some pesky off-duty cop poked his brain out with a .40 S&W before he could get to them.
Nemo me impune lacesset

bstone
Mac Elite
May 28, 2010, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane View Post
Just stay away from working in AT&T stores. A guy walked into one around here today and shot the clerk in the gut. He had a list in his pocket of six other employees he planned to shoot as well, except some pesky off-duty cop poked his brain out with a .40 S&W before he could get to them.
Can't such examples be found for nearly every workplace and profession? Banks, day traders, school teacher, doctor or nurse, etc etc.

By such logic you shouldn't work anywhere if there is even one singular example of violence happening in that workplace.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

Salty
Professional Poster
May 28, 2010, 01:39 AM

Only work at a cell phone shop if you really enjoy being bitched at. And never sell LGs otherwise people come back to you and blame you for selling them a lousy phone that broke after a few months.

bstone
Mac Elite
May 28, 2010, 01:45 AM

Oh, and happy birthday to me. I'm 30 today.

Rumor
May 28, 2010, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Oh, and happy birthday to me. I'm 30 today.
Happy Birthday. My SO just turned 30 on the 22nd. She has only mildly been in freak-out mode.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

bstone
Mac Elite
May 28, 2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Happy Birthday. My SO just turned 30 on the 22nd. She has only mildly been in freak-out mode.
I've been fighting the freak out by doing copious amounts of drinking and car repair.

downinflames68
Baninated
May 28, 2010, 02:04 AM

Retail is for chumps. Go back to school.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
May 28, 2010, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by bstone View Post
Can't such examples be found for nearly every workplace and profession? Banks, day traders, school teacher, doctor or nurse, etc etc.

By such logic you shouldn't work anywhere if there is even one singular example of violence happening in that workplace.
I wasn't being serious about AT&T being an unsafe place to work because of this incident. Take a deep breath and relax son, it's all good.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules