Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail.app in Panther crashing (prebinding?)

Mail.app in Panther crashing (prebinding?)
mspalacios
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2003, 01:37 AM

I've noticed that when i leave mail.app minimized for a period of time and I get back to it to pick up mail or read a message, most times it crashes. It won't start unless I reboot (not even login off my user works). It's a weird crash, it displays the main window, but it just disappears.

Looking for clues in the console crash logs, it mentions an EXEC_BREAKPOINT, which I'm sure it's a trap in the code for a certain condition (not too helpful for me), that the folks in Cupertino to look for. Sometimes I notice a pre-binding message, but that could be when I'm attempting a restart after the crash. The addressbook is closed, and I only have 1 IMAP and 1 POP account configured in the application.

Other than closing the app and restarting when I want to use it, what do you suggest? Have you seen this? If so, how did you get around it?

Anxiously waiting for 10.3.2.... Miguel

Forum Links
Forum Rules