Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > looking for good project to be apart of...

looking for good project to be apart of...
rogermugs
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 7, 2008, 03:28 AM

hey all...
i programmed quite a bit back in the day... mostly hobby related stuff... started in awk and then basic when I was young, moved on the visual basic and then quite a bit of C++....
anyhoo. i've been recently interested in xcode and cocoa with objective-c lately (mostly because of the sdk that just came out... i'm interested in eventually being able to program for the iphone....)...

but for now... i'm looking for a good project to be involved in for the mac...
open source something or other and I'm looking for suggestions...

i'm not new to programming, but it has been a few years, and i've only been through the basics of xcode (made a few simple apps just to get the hang of things)....

so something like Adium is probably too complex for me... Also i'm looking for something I actually care about... any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated... i'm thinking something much simpler but useful (I think of TaskPaper but I know thats not open source)...

ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules