Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > DigiGr8 mini-camera

DigiGr8 mini-camera
rytc
Senior User
Mar 29, 2005, 05:20 AM

Has anyone had an experience with using a digiGr8 camera on OS X? http://media.apn.co.nz/webcontent/image/jpg/camera.jpg the supplied install CD doesn't contain any OS X info (nor does it even mount in fact!!). Plugging it in to the computer doesn't launch iPhoto and no USB drive appears on the desktop as would be expected. Any help would be appreciated.
( Last edited by rytc; Mar 29, 2005 at 06:06 AM. )

rytc  (op)
Senior User
Mar 29, 2005, 06:49 AM

http://www.shuoying.com.cn/eBusiness...2&productid=22

This is the camera here, the drivers from www.ioexperts.com don't appear to help either, would seem that I'm stuck with a windows only camera. Will reinstall Virtual PC and see whether the camera can work under that.

Cheers Ry

rytc  (op)
Senior User
Apr 8, 2005, 03:53 AM

Installing VPC and using the camera under that worked, however, the quality of the camera really is bad! I have to say it's really not worth bothering with these budget compact cameras for anything more than taking tiny, grainy, shots...

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2005, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by rytc:
Installing VPC and using the camera under that worked, however, the quality of the camera really is bad! I have to say it's really not worth bothering with these budget compact cameras for anything more than taking tiny, grainy, shots...
No name, budget (<$100), or "keychain" cameras stink. Period.

anthonyfca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2007, 09:22 AM

I use DigiGr8 with my mac and osx,
no problems. Drivers not needed. Copy files from SD card direct to hard disk using Finder. Buy an SD card reader if not have one.

The extreme light weight of the device means it is ideal for my use for recording motoring journeys.
Keep a supply of rechargeables. Works very well. Only downside is lack of external mic jack.

It's amazing for its price. Mine is a bit broken since an ocean wave went over it, but it still records (its mpeg4) pictures.
I need another one here in Switzerland.

Anthony

JonoMarshall
Senior User
Jun 19, 2007, 09:41 AM

You resurrected an old post, uh oh, you're in trouble now!

Forum Links
Forum Rules