Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Final Cut Express HD anyone?

Final Cut Express HD anyone?
iDORK
Forum Regular
Dec 25, 2005, 09:10 PM

Does anyone have Final Cut Express HD? I'm thinking of buying it. I've only had experience with iMovie HD and it is so incredibly easy to use.

How does it compare to iMovie HD?

Thanks in advance.

Baryon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 01:04 PM

I am also thinking of getting it, but I am waiting until MWSF in case it is upgraded. From what I have learned, it has maybe 85% of Final Cut Pro's features. The major features it *doesn't* have are Dynamic RT Extreme, keyframing for all filters, and multicam editing.

Compared to iMovie, it is a big learning curve, apparently, since its interface is identical to Final Cut Pro.
iMac G5 17in 2.0GHz , 512MB RAM , ATI Radeon 9600 128MB , Mac OS X Tiger / FCE HD / Soundtrack Pro

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2006, 06:09 AM

iDORK if you upgrade (after waiting until Jan 10 or whatever) see if Tom Wolsky does a new book for FCE (His last one was written for FCE 2, the publisher didn't think the changes in FCE 3 warranted a new book). Tom's books are good, especially for iMovie users and he is very active in the Apple Discussions support

edavis
Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2006, 02:48 PM

I have converted from iMovie to FCE-HD in the last year. The learning curve was fairly steep for me to get comfortable with FCE.

Don't even TRY to convert without getting a good manual to walk you through. I had no experience with film editing before trying it with iMovie, so many of the concepts in FCE were foreign to me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules