Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Network Monitoring Software

Network Monitoring Software
Sakino
Senior User
Jun 21, 2006, 04:20 PM

Since this question is pertained to more of the application aspect of a network and not the hardware aspect I decided to post it in the “Applications” Forum.

I was wondering if there was any “FREE” software that can easily monitor network traffic going through our router. I would like there to be a GUI interface as well as graphing software. Is there any suggestions? No our router doesn't offer such software, i checked.

shiff
Forum Regular
Jun 21, 2006, 04:26 PM

MRTG has been one that has been around for as long as I can remember. Here is the url:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

There are many variants and other products that have built off that so it should get you started.

Sakino  (op)
Senior User
Jun 21, 2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by shiff
MRTG has been one that has been around for as long as I can remember. Here is the url:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/

There are many variants and other products that have built off that so it should get you started.

That's great I was looking at TCPDUMP through the command terminal. I'm going to give this a try!

Forum Links
Forum Rules