Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just Ordered New Ti - How Long to Ship

Just Ordered New Ti - How Long to Ship (Page 7)
<Chris Flynn>
Nov 15, 2001, 04:49 PM

Ok, I originally ordered a 667/1Gig/48Gig/CD-RW and got the usual 12 day notice but then before the 12 days were up I got another e-mail saying that it was going to be another 22 days. So I called up apple and the woman I talked to said that all the special orders are taking longer. I decided that a CD-RW wasn't that important to be built in and because of some other posts, decided that that was probably the biggest hangup. So now I changed my order to the same except for the CD-RW (Had to go with the gig of ram) and I am now patiently awaiting my powerbook. My order # is W21816XX and whenever it ships I'll let you all know and would apreciate anyone else with a similar order number to do the same. (So I know when it gets closer) Thanks.
-Chris

sailor41
Nov 17, 2001, 12:58 AM

Called Apple 11/14/01 and ordered a Ti 667/512/30/DVD and the new Airport.
Less that 48 hours later I am using them. That was using the free ground ship.

Having read alot about Ti and OSX, I was totally unprepared for the fun factor. This machine and OS is cool! Good work Apple.
BTW- everything works.
Later

<Chris Flynn>
Nov 17, 2001, 03:42 PM

Yay, my powerbook just shipped. I guess it was just the CD-RW after all. Order #W21816XX I ordered it on 11/13/2001 and it shipped on 11/17/2001.
It's the 667/1GB/48GB/DVD
Now I just have to wait for fedex.
-Chris

FormerLurker
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 17, 2001, 11:27 PM

Stock 550 with HD upgraded to 30 GB
Ordered last Friday
Cleared from Under Review on Monday and moved to Being Assembled about 4 PM on Monday.
Shipped from Taiwan on Thursday night
Arrived via FedEx in Florida at 10 AM Saturday - this morning!

I'm impressed as hell with Apple/Quanta, as well as FedEx

<DanZlatnik>
Nov 18, 2001, 11:22 PM

What? What the heck is going on with my poor PB :o . . .

I ordered mine on 10/24. Still hasn't even left the "being assembled" stage and I am thinking about cancelling this sucker and just wait a year and get a new powerbook then. I suppose it has to do with the CD-RW, but it has been nearly a month now.

Anyway, has anyone who ordered through education discount received a CD-RW model? Mine is 550Mhz

mrtew
Professional Poster
Nov 20, 2001, 11:33 PM

I ordered my new 667/DVD/48gig/512mbTi to replace my Ti400 on Nov 5th and it was shipped ten days later on Nov 15th. Unfortunantly FedEx took 4 days to get it here even though I paid $15 for 2 day and Apple paid $10 more for Sat delivery which wasn't made and I had to wait ALL weekend for a Monday delivery on the 19th. Luckily it was perfect and everything is working great and a friend at work is thrilled with my old on that she bought (and for a decent price too!)

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

ichad
Nov 23, 2001, 01:36 PM

UK Question - Are all PBs assembled in Taiwan? Mine has arrived after flight at EDC - whatever that is -today 23/11? can anyone share a light on this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules