Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Deleting/Uninstalling through Cmd Prompt?

Deleting/Uninstalling through Cmd Prompt?
intervenetd2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 12:18 AM

well basically I am trying to delete or uninstall DEEPFREEZE through the Apple-S command. Does anyone know how to do this through the promt wit a script code or something??. I set up another admin account and everything and i turn on my computer ((G3 800mhz 30G.B & 360~MB of Ram)) and it shows the apple in the middle an the thing below spins clocwise as if its loading thennn then the next screen would be where i type in my admin password BUT it doesn't show up anymore. Does anyone know why that is?? So yea my comp was fine before i disabled deepfreeze and now i am having all these problems so i wanna delete it now. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Dec 11, 2005, 01:02 AM

What's "deep freeze"? command+s (the Apple key is named command) is a shortcut to the Save operation. command+delete sends files to the trash. If you want to remove a file using the command line, you use the rm command.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 03:38 AM

deep freeze is a program that cleanz things out of your computer unless its in a certain file or under certain rights...like if i log in as a admin...the deep freeze is off...if my friend goes on me comp under guest..he downloads a bunch of crap...when i reset all his **** under guest will be gone. Its good for preventing trojans and stuff like that. Anyways when i turn my computer on it just shows the grey screen an the apple in the middle...the thing below starts turning then it just goes to a blue screen and thats it sooooo it seems like i might need to get a install disk which is a pain in the ass cuz it cost hella money and its christmas time an i dont really have those kin dof funds..anyways is there another way aorund this ???

esXXI
Senior User
Dec 11, 2005, 04:10 AM

According to the MacUpdate page it's an app for rebooting to 'restores' and reimaging. Why were you messing with that kind of stuff if (by the sound of it) you didn't know what you were doing?

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Dec 11, 2005, 05:31 AM

Yeah, your installation is probably hosed from the sound of it. Something probably got messed up when re-imaging the drive, and you're not going to be able to fix it without doing an Archive and Install.

Shouldn't your computer have come with install discs of some sort? Or are you running a pirated OS (in which case, you'll get no help here)?

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 08:56 PM

yes pirated buuut speaking of where could i download the panther OSX 10.3+ ?? I obviouslly need to get the disk. What i was trying to do is find a site and download it to my PC then burn the OSX to a disk and do it that way. Sooo yeah if any of you know where and how i can get it wanna let me know..... but yeah i shouldn't have been messin with it in the first place .... its jus one of those hard lessons dumbass's have to have sometimes

OreoCookie
Dec 11, 2005, 09:05 PM

We're not getting any smarter from what you post. Plus you are asking advice on how to pirate a copy of OS X … 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Dec 11, 2005, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by intervenetd2
yes pirated buuut speaking of where could i download the panther OSX 10.3+ ?? I obviouslly need to get the disk. What i was trying to do is find a site and download it to my PC then burn the OSX to a disk and do it that way. Sooo yeah if any of you know where and how i can get it wanna let me know..... but yeah i shouldn't have been messin with it in the first place .... its jus one of those hard lessons dumbass's have to have sometimes
Sorry, but assisting people with piracy is against the rules here, so you won't find any help.

The good news is that your G3 800 will probably run Tiger just fine, so if you go out and get some Tiger discs, it will actually be an upgrade from what you've been using. Plus, since I'm guessing you're probably a student, you can get quite a sizable discount from the Apple store on the 10.4 discs.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 09:16 PM

hmm that sounds about right i mean i am willin to easily spend 25-30 but no more then that considering the christmas times havin a hold on my wallet as it is. Sooo do you think if i only get a Tiger Update it will still start my computer up?? because it isn't starting up at all.

ryan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 09:18 PM

Yes, but it's going to cost a bit more than $25-30. I suppose thats what you get for pirating.

OreoCookie
Dec 11, 2005, 09:20 PM

We're not getting any smarter from what you post. Plus you are asking advice on how to pirate a copy of OS X … 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

intervenetd2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2005, 09:21 PM

wow your dumb ryan...who isn't broke durin this time of the year?? Anyways though would that still work if i only get the Update disk ((tiger))?? Or would i need the full package which is somethin like 3 disk?

Forum Links
Forum Rules