Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Powerbook & iPod problems

Powerbook & iPod problems
CreepingDeth
Professional Poster
Jul 30, 2004, 05:08 PM

I've got a few problems.
1. iPod (G3, 15GB) is not working at all. All it says is "Disk Mode" above the divider line, and it has a big ol check-mark with "OK to disconnect on it". I've restored it and erased it, updated the software, and I am plagued with the same problem. Anybody know what to do?
2. My dad's TiBook (800Mhz) has a problem with the charger. Near the tip, there's a a bend, and the wires are exposed in the cable. It is starting to spark, and they keep getting bigger. He has to work outside so it doesn't burn a hole in the carpet. Is there a replacement for it anywhere?

GILBERT948
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2004, 02:17 AM

It seems like there is a checkbox in the latest iTunes that allows you to select whether or not you want to use the iPod in disk mode. Try iTunes preferences.

You can purchase a new charger from Apple for $75.

Joe
iBook 800 G4 640MB 10.3
iBook 600 G3 256MB 10.2.8

15" 1.5 ghz 1gig mem, 80 gig 5400 HD, 128 vram POWERBOOK.

killer_735
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2004, 12:04 PM

The charger on my powerbook did the same thing. A bit of clear epoxy fixed it jest fine, but perhaps if it's sparking a new one is in order...
"Leave it. Leave it, it's fine. It's fine. I WILL DESTROY YOU!" -Morbo

Forum Links
Forum Rules