Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5GHz 160GB HD, 1.5GB RAM

FS: Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5GHz 160GB HD, 1.5GB RAM
flame12
Forum Regular
Aug 15, 2006, 02:04 AM

I am selling this computer because I am no longer working from home and need to upgrade to a mobile desktop. This computer has had absolutely no problems and has been wonderful to me since I've owned it.

The Power Mac will ship with all original accessories in original box including: Apple Keyboard, Apple Mouse, USB Keyboard extension cable, DVI to VGA adapter, modem cable, Airport cable and Bluetooth *extra*.

I will also throw in a copy of Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4) on the machine.

$1700 OBO.

G5 Processor
Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5

L2 Cache
512K per processor

Frontside bus
1.25GHz per processor
DDR SDRAM main memory
512MB PC3200 (400MHz)
Supports up to 8GB
Upgraded to 1.5GB RAM

8X AGP Pro graphics
ATI RADEON 9600 XT with 128MB DDR SDRAM

Hard drive
160GB Serial ATA; 7200 rpm

Optical drive
SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

PCI slots
Three open full-length PCI-X slots: one 133MHz, 64-bit slot and two 100MHz, 64-bit slot

Expansion
One FireWire 800 port, two FireWire 400 ports (one on front); three USB 2.0 ports (one on front), two USB 1.1 ports (on keyboard); AGP 8X Pro slot with graphics card installed, including ADC connector and DVI connector

Bays
Two internal hard drive bays (1 occupied); one optical drive bay

Networking
Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet and 56K V.92 modem

Wireless
AirPort Extreme ready (based on 802.11g specification; IEEE 802.11b Wi-Fi certified) (2); Bluetooth option (Bluetooth and Airport included)

Audio
Optical digital audio input, optical digital audio output, analog audio input, analog audio output, front headphone minijack and speaker

System software
Mac OS X version 10.3 “Panther” (Also included - Mac OS X Tiger Install Disc)

Software
iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD and GarageBand), Art Directors Toolkit, EarthLink TotalAccess 2004, GraphicConverter, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, QuickBooks for Mac New User Edition, Zinio Reader, Mail, iChat AV, Safari, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Classic environment, Xcode Developer Tools

Hardware accessories
[/B]Apple Keyboard, Apple Mouse, USB keyboard extension cable, DVI to VGA adapter, modem cable, AirPort antenna
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Forum Links
Forum Rules