Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Any one here from Alberta... Edmonton

Any one here from Alberta... Edmonton
Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2005, 04:07 AM

Hey was wondering if there is any one from Alberta that could help me out. A young gay kid I know on MSN who I orginally meet from a online game is having some major problems. Basically he has been staying with a low income friends house, some one with a heart that took him in and well she is losing her house because she cant make payments. From what I understand she is on disability because she cant work. Any ways Alberta's social systems are so different from BC's I have no idea how to help. I need advice on social programs for youth, specially youth welfare and possible government programs to help prevent this woman from losing her home. As I understood it she only owes $1500. Since so many people post here, and by far the largest forum I post at I figured I should be able to find some one here with info.

Thanx.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

REB3L
Apr 16, 2005, 05:08 AM

Why don't you invite him to your place? It could be like the OC, if you're rich that is.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2005, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by REB3L
Why don't you invite him to your place? It could be like the OC, if you're rich that is.

Slight problem of 1300KM that seperate us and besides he should be able to get help there.

REB3L
Apr 16, 2005, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Athens
Slight problem of 1300KM that seperate us and besides he should be able to get help there.
I'm assuming that he's been kicked out of his parents' house, right? Does he have any other family that he could stay with? Often times grandparents are willing to look after gay grandchildren, even if the parents are completely against it.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2005, 05:54 AM

I'm assuming that he's been kicked out of his parents' house, right? Does he have any other family that he could stay with? Often times grandparents are willing to look after gay grandchildren, even if the parents are completely against it.
Dosent seem like it, he said his entire family are typical Albertan Red Necks. I think he left because of the constent fights. Hes been on his own for a year, much of that staying with this lady thats losing her house.

REB3L
Apr 16, 2005, 06:03 AM

If I were him, I would try to make ammends with my family. I would even go so far as to lie about being straight, in an effort to convince them to let me have a place to stay. Then after I got my feet back on the ground and saved up a little bit of money, I would move out. But I don't know if that's possible in his situation, just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone will be able to offer better advice.

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2005, 06:20 AM

If I were him, I would try to make ammends with my family. I would even go so far as to lie about being straight, in an effort to convince them to let me have a place to stay. Then after I got my feet back on the ground and saved up a little bit of money, I would move out. But I don't know if that's possible in his situation, just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone will be able to offer better advice.
I doubt it, right now hes talking about killing himself, and I dont have enough information from him to do anything about it yet.

REB3L
Apr 16, 2005, 06:26 AM

Have you referred him to a suicide hotline?

Athens  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 16, 2005, 06:28 AM

he wasent very interested

Forum Links
Forum Rules