Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Is the eMac on the way out? Or not?

Is the eMac on the way out? Or not?
WizOSX
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2005, 10:13 PM

Recently we heard that the current eMacs were EOL. But are they still EOL? Has anyone ordered one from Apple in the last two weeks and gotten it?

sworthy
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2005, 11:01 PM

There isn't any real reason to keep it in the product mix, so I hope it's gone. But I don't have any empirical evidence for you.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2005, 11:22 PM

EOL could mean one of two things. Either They are going to end the eMac as we know it or this current config model is ended and a refresh is around he corner.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 10, 2005, 11:49 PM

Originally posted by sworthy

There isn't any real reason to keep it in the product mix...
Originally posted by typoon

EOL could mean one of two things. Either They are going to end the eMac as we know it or this current config model is ended and a refresh is around he corner.
Apple is between a rock and a hard place with the eMac. Since a mini, 17" LCD panel keyboard and mouse cost the same or less than the eMac, and is a much better package, the eMac no longer really makes sense to purchase. They can't really discontinue it because it is useful for educational markets where a super tough machine is needed, not a fragile LCD. But that market must be pretty small now with the coming of the mini. Putting a G5 in the current eMac form factor (as some were predicting) makes no sense because that particular market doesn't need the G5 at all. Speed bumping the current eMac to 1.5 or 1.7 ghz G4 doesn't either for the same reasons. A new form factor might make sense--something similar to the iMac G5 but with a G4 and a tough cover over the LCD panel, selling for the same price as the current eMac, might go, especially if it could be easily carried around.

PowerTower Fan
Feb 11, 2005, 05:05 AM

Originally posted by WizOSX:
They can't really discontinue it because it is useful for educational markets where a super tough machine is needed, not a fragile LCD. But that market must be pretty small now with the coming of the mini. Putting a G5 in the current eMac form factor (as some were predicting) makes no sense because that particular market doesn't need the G5 at all. Speed bumping the current eMac to 1.5 or 1.7 ghz G4 doesn't either for the same reasons. A new form factor might make sense--something similar to the iMac G5 but with a G4 and a tough cover over the LCD panel, selling for the same price as the current eMac, might go, especially if it could be easily carried around.
I don't know, at the university I used to go to, most of the pc computer labs got new dell pc's all with lcd screens, and the mac one's with G5's and cinema displays as well. Maybe in the K-12 market there may still be a demand for a rugged computer, but I haven't seen it at the university level. If anything, more powerfull computers are needed since they can be used from anything to basic typing up an essay to doing 3d design work.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 11, 2005, 07:02 AM

IMHO Apple should drop the eMac. The EDU iMac is a cheap AIO, the mini is even cheaper albeit not AIO.

The eMac's noisy and ugly as hell anyway.

hudson1
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 11, 2005, 05:34 PM

I won't be surprised if Apple keeps the eMac for as long as there's a market for it, particularly in K-12 education. It has some advanatages over the current mini:

1) Much harder to steal.
2) Available in CD-ROM or non-optical drive. Many schools prefer not to have burning capability in their student computers.
3) Probably a better deal. By the time you add a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to a mini, you're looking at $750+ (assuming LCD). The non-optical eMac can be bought by schools for $600, CD-ROM for $650.

OtisWild
Feb 11, 2005, 06:54 PM

They can't really discontinue it because it is useful for educational markets where a super tough machine is needed, not a fragile LCD.
Given that originally Apple didn't want to sell the eMac to non-educational customers in the first place, I can easily imagine an 'e' system line optimized for educational customers (with kits for remote management and class management and whatnot)..

Big Fat Octopus
Feb 12, 2005, 02:02 AM

I know an Apple reseller that sells more eMacs than anything else in the desktop range. People like the all-in-one design AND the price. I think it is a great machine for it's intended market.

Also, remember that the eMac is more or less just a upgrade/redesign of the original G3 iMac and we all know how many of those Apple sold :-) It's a winning formula.

I'd be upset to see Apple vacate the eMac space. It fills the gap between the G5 iMac and Mac Mini very nicely.
- 24" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB 500GB
- PMG4 450Mhz 384Mb OSXserver.
- iPhone 3GS

Big Fat Octopus
Feb 12, 2005, 02:22 AM

Originally posted by Big Fat Octopus:
I'd be upset to see Apple vacate the eMac space. It fills the gap between the G5 iMac and Mac Mini very nicely.
Unless, of course, Apple bring out a new improved eMac or other "Mac mini with two user changeable RAM slots and head attached" type replacement at the same price point :-)
- 24" iMac 2.4Ghz 4GB 500GB
- PMG4 450Mhz 384Mb OSXserver.
- iPhone 3GS

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2005, 11:14 AM

I love my eMac, it's easily the best computer or Mac I've ever owned. I'm waiting for an update to purchase another one and give mine away to a family member. I don't see why everyone hates the eMac so much? Have you ever owned one? I purchased my 1 GHz model shortly after it came out a couple of years ago, I added 1 GB RAM, overclocked it, upgraded to a dual layer DVD burner added a second monitor and replaced the hard drive. It's been going pretty much 24/7 for the past two years without a single problem.

The only thing that makes me want to upgrades is the video card, and while that's overclocked as well, I would like something a little more robust.

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2005, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by the_glassman

I don't see why everyone hates the eMac so much?

I don't hate the eMac. In fact, I like it a lot. I don't own one but have played with them a lot in stores. In fact, that's why I started the thread--I'm really curious about where Apple is headed with the eMac. Mainly I wanted to know if it still seems to be EOL and the only way to find that out is to ask whether anyone has tried to order one in the last week or so and been told NO.

I'm looking at buying a second Mac for my house (actually the fourth if you count two older ones that are still lightly used)--my daughters' Windows machine is getting attacked constantly by spyware. I almost bought them a mini on the first day it came out but decided to hold off.

The only "problem" with the eMac is the CRT screen. CRTs are disappearing very quickly with the crashing price of LCDs. If Apple wants to continue selling eMacs I think they will have to come out with an LCD version immediately.

macjockey
Feb 13, 2005, 12:52 PM

We ordered two and they shipped the same day.

cc_foo
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2005, 02:06 PM

My parents love their eMac. They have one in a room adjoining their bedroom. Easy to set up, and troublefree so far. Mum uses it for email and web browsing -- reading news. Dad uses it for the same, and for the odd DVD. I added an iSight, which they are enjoying now.

The AIO design is fabulous. I find that it keeps things simple. I like the fact that there is only one switch, one powerplug, no speaker cables or volume knobs or switches. I think they also find the hunk of the chassis to be reassuring...

I could not imagine putting a non-AIO in that particular room. Not even one of those delightful little Mac mini (cute!). So, the other competitor would be an iMac G5.Given their computer uses are relatively light, I was glad the cheaper eMac was available.

I like the fact that the keyboard is full size, has white keys with black text. The old iMac keyboards were smaller, and had black keys with white text -- which Mum complained about. They haven't replaced the one button mouse yet. A 2 button scrolling mouse is available if they need it.

Con: the fan noise is constant, and not insignificant.

Personally, I hope Apple keeps a AIO mac at this price point (or lower). (And notebooks don't count.)

C.A.T.S. CEO
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2005, 09:25 PM

the only reason that Apple would keep the eMac is for education
Signature depreciated.

hudson1
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 13, 2005, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by C.A.T.S. CEO:
the only reason that Apple would keep the eMac is for education
I think it's fair to say that "education" is a market and not a reason. If Apple is like most any other business, they'll continue producing and selling eMacs if they can do so profitably. Now that's a complicated question all to itself. Certainly they'll look at how maintaining the eMac impacts their other products, either positively or negatively (most cases would fall on this side). The bottom line is that it's pretty presumptuous for anyone to make a solid guess at what Apple will do. They're likely trying to sort it out themselves.

JeffHarris
Feb 14, 2005, 02:29 AM

I know quite a few architectural offices that use eMacs as VectorWorks (CAD) workstations. Everyone I know who has them and uses them thinks they're great.

eMacs are simple, have everything in one box with few cables, take up little desk space and the screens are good, with a reasonable resolution and sharp image. They're rugged, too! And the price is right. Add 1GB of RAM and you've got a decent CAD station for less than $1000! Not bad.

I could see buying one for my office as an extra work station or for scanning, faxing, server, etc..

Apple would be crazy to dump the eMac from the product line.

padishahemperor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2005, 03:40 AM

Hi all, I've just joined up, first post.

I think the eMac is great, I've used one and wanted one for a long time but couldn't afford it with the PC stuff (Linux user) I'd accumulated, plus we'd have to buy two.

Our elderly neighbours wanted a new PC, we urged them to get a eMac, they did and love it, it's changed their lives. The wife is able to do word processing, digital photography, print things, do email and buy and sell on ebay - she'd never dreamt of it with the husband's old PC. They still thank us even now.

I've noticed generally a negative tone when people talk about the eMac, it's silly really, a Mac is a Mac, they're all good. They're all REALLY good. Even if they do drop them, so what. I've not had a Mac since my 5500 in 97/98, the life span and usuability is much better than a MS based PC, where the pressure is on to constantly upgrade and keep spending more and more.

I'm saving right now for two Mac minis though ;-)

Randman
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2005, 03:46 AM

If Apple offered a 17-inch monitor (or even a 15 at very, very low prices), it might make more sense to pick that up and a Mac mini over an eMac.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2005, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
If Apple offered a 17-inch monitor (or even a 15 at very, very low prices), it might make more sense to pick that up and a Mac mini over an eMac.
Well regardless of the fact that Apple could or could not make one, you can go out and buy any ultra-cheap VGA TFT screen and hook it up to the mini. You'll be better off than with an eMac except for AIO. And that's the iMac's domain. I really don't see where the eMac should fit in nowadays.

whelkboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2005, 08:59 AM

I gotta say that I love my eMac (800MHz) and if I were in a position to buy a faster Mac, I'd more than likely go for another one (been using Macs since the 512, although I was seven when we got that one). I like the AIO design and robustness and I'm still amazed at how swift it is in getting my business work and home stuff done.

Besides, if somebody breaks into the office� what are they gonna nick?

kw99
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2005, 11:38 AM

Apple should just make a $200 CRT with a lockable "slot" for docking a Mac mini. It would be like one of those old "BookEndz" for PowerBooks, except it would house a high-quality 17" CRT and speakers. If Apple does not do it, I'm sure some 3rd party will do it. $200 + $499 is $100 less than the current price for an eMac.

If Apple continues with eMacs, it should be redesigned so that it uses the same internal components as a Mac mini, except maybe a cheaper 3.5" drive instead of the Mac mini's 2.5" drive. That should get the price down to $599 (for the model that is equivalent to the $499 Mac mini).

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2005, 05:17 AM

I don't know whether the eMac is on it's way out or not, but I will re-iterate the sentiments of other Mac users here and say that I do hope that the eMac is not going away anytime soon.

I think the mini is great, but the eMac remains a viable choice because:

1.) The high end eMac is still cheaper than a similarly equipped Mac mini (though the low end mini is cheaper).

2.) The eMac is easier and less costly to upgrade-- You can install memory and airport yourself without voiding your warranty, or pay Apple trumped up prices. The eMac also has two RAM slots, so you don't have to lose your existing RAM stick. Also remember that the eMac uses a laptop hard drive, which is slower. The eMac outperforms the Mac mini in this regard. And it's not as easy to upgrade.

3.) The eMac is the least expensive all in one form factor Mac. Remember Apple doesn't offer a stand alone CRT in it's line up anymore. Yes, you can easily add a cheap CRT to the Mini, but those are more cables and mess. To some this isn't important, but to others this is. It makes choice simple. Remember that the Mac is all simplicity and ease of use-- about "the whole widget", as Jobs says.

It may be trivial to any one on this board, but the eMac lets potential users not worry about having to look for a monitor or potential driver issues, etc. It takes the variables and hassle out of the process. Some of you say we should get rid of the CRT at last. But, I ask-- why? The CRT is not like the floppy drive. It does its primary job at least as well, and often times better than an LCD display. It's also more rugged, and cheaper. I'm sure the time will come for the CRT to go, but why not wait one or two or three more years until LCD displays become as economical? What's the hurry?

I have had an eMac ever since the first 1GHz models. I've had no problems, and I find it an excellent, reliable Mac. My friend, a newbie to computers, wanted to get her first, so I told her about the mini and the eMac. She was going to go for the mini, but there were none available and she decided on an eMac instead.

Frankly, thinking back on it, maybe the eMac is a better first computer for her. She was going crazy just looking for a monitor and deciding whether she wanted a CRT or LCD, analog or DVI, etc. The simplicity of the eMac won her over. It's economical, it's an all in one design, and it is more rugged, which is important because she has a one year old daughter now.

The bottom line is that Apple needs to have a rugged, economical all in one Mac, and the eMac fits that niche in perfectly. Now, when LCD prices drop enough, perhaps Apple will make a less expensive entry iMac, or make an LCD eMac (with lower specs and a more rugged screen/form factor). But for now, I think the eMac is doing just fine. Apart from that, I personally like the original iMac-like form factor, as well.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 15, 2005, 08:25 AM

I think the eMac G5 is right around the corner, but is being held back because of the flailing of the Powerbook. CRTs are still cheap compared to LCDs and Apple does not have a complete system (with a display) that costs less than $1500. With standard CD-ROM drives and a standard 3.5" HD, it is STILL cheap to produce.

It will stick around fo a while, it just needs an update desparately.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 15, 2005, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Eriamjh:
Apple does not have a complete system (with a display) that costs less than $1500.

� iMac G5, 1.6 GHz, Combo, 17" TFT $1299
� iMac G5, 1.8 GHz, SuperDrive, 17" TFT $1499
� all iBooks below $1499
� PowerBook G4, 1.5 GHz, Combo, 12" TFT $1499

Rodster
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2005, 09:19 AM

I totally agree with Gabriel's post, well said. I've only owned two Mac's in my life. I purchased a Special Edition G3 700 mhz iMac back in late 2001 which was ruined in a flood and my recent 1.25 eMac.

I might be in the minority but I like the cool looking bright white AIO unit. Yeah it's bulky and heavy but it looks very cool, at least for me. It's simple to setup and lacks the extra cables of a Mac Mini setup.

The eMac gets the job done easily. If I had the money I might even consider the flat panel iMac but I would worry too much about dead or stuck pixels which would bother me to no end.

So I do hope Apple continues the eMac line maybe change the style a little but it's a nice AIO system that rarely gets much love.

hudson1
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 15, 2005, 12:19 PM

I think the bottom line is...

1) Apple can't terminate the eMac until they can build far more minis than they can sell. When will that be?

2) Apple probably won't decide on the eMac's future until they know who's buying the mini and why. IOW, they first need to understand what percent of their eMac customer base considers the mini as a viable and/or desirable replacement.

3) We don't know how close Apple can eventually extend the iMac line toward the eMac price structure or even if they want to.

If anyone can answer those three things then they are probably in a good position to know what Apple will do with the eMac. Until then....

FastiBook
Feb 17, 2005, 11:43 PM

The mac mini is not competing with the eMac. The mac mini is for potential switchers who don't want to spend a grand or more on a full on mid or high end machine that they may end up not liking. Also, the nec branded crt display on the apple store is a very cheap yet good quality display. I have a mitsubishi branded model of the same type. If you get the low end mac mini with 512 megs ram and the display noted above you will see how the mac mini is more of a switching tool than anything else. Apple does not bundle monitors. The reason is because most of their customers all ready have the display they want picked out. Apple's plan may not look like much to some right now, but they are on the road to win back serious tracts of marketshare.
( Last edited by FastiBook; Feb 17, 2005 at 11:50 PM. )
Fact is better than fiction.

aafuss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2005, 04:29 AM

Also, another factor is that Apple offers a Edu. iMac G5 config.
Invader Zim
"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!"

A.A.'s Mac-Mac mini Core Solo 1.5GHz, 512MB, 60GB SATA HDD, Combo Drive, OS X 10.4.5, iWork '06, iLife '06, Logic Express 7. Mouse-Logitech G7, Keyboard-MS Digital Media Keyboar
Fifth Generation iPod (30GB)-White

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 18, 2005, 11:39 PM

Originally posted by aafuss

Also, another factor is that Apple offers a Edu. iMac G5 config.

I'm not sure what you mean. The iMac Edu. configurations are identical to the regular retail Apple store one. It's just that the edu price for the 17" 1.6 model is $100 less.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2005, 06:13 AM

I'm not sure what you mean. The iMac Edu. configurations are identical to the regular retail Apple store one. It's just that the edu price for the 17" 1.6 model is $100 less.
Well, at least in the US there's an EDU configuration with a PATA HDD, but w/o modem or optical drive. At $1099 it's pretty dirt cheap for a G5 with a 17" TFT.

hudson1
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 19, 2005, 07:57 AM

Originally posted by Simon:
At $1099 it's pretty dirt cheap for a G5 with a 17" TFT.
That's a good price but a similarly configured eMac is $500 less ($599).

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2005, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by simon

Well, at least in the US there's an EDU configuration with a PATA HDD, but w/o modem or optical drive. At $1099 it's pretty dirt cheap for a G5 with a 17" TFT.
Where do you find that config? When I go to the edu. website, I don't see it anywhere.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2005, 09:50 AM

Originally posted by hudson1:
That's a good price but a similarly configured eMac is $500 less ($599).
Well yeah. CRT and G4. I think $500 for the TFT and the G5 with its highly superior board are not that bad. Maybe $400 would be a tad better.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 19, 2005, 09:51 AM

Where do you find that config? When I go to the edu. website, I don't see it anywhere.
Darn I can't find it anymore. Is it not available anymore? Maybe it's only available to K-12, but not for private purchase. Hmm.

hudson1
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 19, 2005, 12:59 PM

Originally posted by Simon:
Well yeah. CRT and G4. I think $500 for the TFT and the G5 with its highly superior board are not that bad. Maybe $400 would be a tad better.
True, but I doubt K-12 schools are going to do anything with an $1100 iMac that they can't do with a $600 eMac. Also, that schools-only iMac has a previous generation video card (32MB GeForce 4MX) that's probably no better than what comes in the eMac.

Besides, how is Apple going to continue to fend off Dell in schools without a computer that's getting down toward $500?

WizOSX  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2005, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by simon

Darn I can't find it anymore. Is it not available anymore? Maybe it's only available to K-12, but not for private purchase.
It seems to be only available for direct purchase by schools. You can bring it up that way but not under student/faculty/staff purchase.

dickrichards200
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2005, 12:55 PM

My household just bought a brand new 1.25GHz eMac yesterday. I personally own a Powerbook G4 and an iBook G4, both with quite a bit more RAM and extras than the eMac has, but you'd never really know it from using the eMac. The computer itself is a very very good deal for anyone not wanting to bother with a non-AIO setup and in it's price-range I honestly can't think of a better deal. I'm used to PC's personally and Mac is all new to me again (I haven't had one since 1MB of RAM was to drool over and even then found the Amiga and Atari ST to be more of what I was looking for) but have recently made the jump and eventually intend to replace all of my MS PC's with Mac's. The eMac was bought specifcally for my wife to replace a AMD Sempron 2200 machine that never performed up to expectations and she just loves it. For non-Power users looking for something simple, I really couldn't find a better setup.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2005, 03:53 AM

ThinkSecret is speculating that the eMac is going to be phased out. Apparently Apple has started replacing eMacs on their show floors with 17" iMac G5s.

babble
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2005, 11:20 AM

I'm stuck. I need to buy a second eMac in the next month and I don't know what to do. Thinkscecret is talking about a phase out. Is it to introduce a new eMac model, or to kill the eMac line? Should I move now or wait the end of the month? I know the eMac is in desperate need of a refresh...

Randman
Posting Junkie
Mar 1, 2005, 11:37 AM

If it's killed off, no refresh. You should be able to pick one up by the end of the month. If not crucia, maybe you should try and wait and see if something happens.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

babble
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2005, 12:48 PM

"If it's killed off" Do you think it's been killed off? Is that what Think Secret means by "phase out"? Or could it also mean, like they did last year for the iMac G4? Pull them out to come back later with a new model/form factor?

PeteWK
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2005, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by babble:
"If it's killed off" Do you think it's been killed off? Is that what Think Secret means by "phase out"? Or could it also mean, like they did last year for the iMac G4? Pull them out to come back later with a new model/form factor?
Hard to say what's in the mind of Steve and Company. But what I do know is that my local Glendale, CA Apple Store doesn't have any on display in the sales ares. There are the ones in the Kiddie section but the salesperson couldn't (or wouldn't) say anything about when or if they'd be back out.

PeteWK

thereubster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2005, 06:24 PM

My guess is that as the iMac G5 becomes cheaper to make (as the 17" TFT drops in price) the eMac will just phase out. Maybe Apple will make a special tough glass cover for schools to protect the screen from little poking fingers? Also in reply to a post further up, having a PATA hard drive in an iMac would require an new motherboard, which makes no sense really. I'm pretty sure the edu-only model still has a serial ATA drive, I'm sure they dont cost Apple any more to get from Seagate than the PATA ones do.
Idiot... Slow down

robco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 1, 2005, 06:37 PM

The iMac G5 does have EIDE on the mobo, as do most newer PCs. While the hard drive uses SATA, the optical drive is stil EIDE. The education model uses EIDE for the hard drive, since it has no optical drive it's not a problem.

Linky.
TAFKADB

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 12, 2005, 04:58 AM

ThinkSecret today published a report indicating the eMac will indeed be updated and not kicked.

Their guess: 1.33 - 1.5 GHz G4, possibly a faster GPU for Tiger (which could be announced alongside).

GeneMoni
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 28, 2005, 03:18 PM

Just got one last week on the 23rd. Have to agree with Rodster, this thing looks way cool. It is very well built, SUPER QUIET, (don't know where that other poster thought it was loud). Has everything I need, and then some. Love OS 10 X Panther. Really makes things FAST and the screen is really nice. Just my .02.

Gene

omar96
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 28, 2005, 04:48 PM

I ordered mine from Apple, just a stock, not CTO. Got it in just a couple days. It's an awesome machine...as fast, if not faster in some cases, than the upgraded Sawtooth I have.
eMac 1.25GHz | 1.5GB PC2700 | 250GB Maxtor HDD | 8x LiteOn DVD+-RW

Sawtooth 1.5GHz | 1GB PC133 | 120GB Maxtor HDD | 40x CD-RW (external) | 16x DVD-ROM | Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Mar 31, 2005, 12:37 AM

AppleInsider: Apple readying updates to consumer hardware offerings

Beginning next month, Apple Computer will introduce new versions of all of its consumer Macintosh hardware offerings, sources have confirmed to AppleInsider..

The product upgrades are being targeted at the upcoming educational buying season and will span the iMac G5, iBook G4 and eMac G4 product lines.

aafuss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 31, 2005, 02:26 AM

I noticed in the report, that there may be a more easier to service eMacs-by the user, similar to the DIY iMac G5 repair instructions
Invader Zim
"Invaders blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubberpants! The pants command me! Do not ignore my veins!"

A.A.'s Mac-Mac mini Core Solo 1.5GHz, 512MB, 60GB SATA HDD, Combo Drive, OS X 10.4.5, iWork '06, iLife '06, Logic Express 7. Mouse-Logitech G7, Keyboard-MS Digital Media Keyboar
Fifth Generation iPod (30GB)-White

Forum Links
Forum Rules