Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Please help! WTB Firewire cables

Please help! WTB Firewire cables
keltorsori
Forum Regular
Sep 11, 2005, 05:33 PM

In my rush to get out of New Orleans after the levy broke, I didn't grab any of my cables for my gear. I've relocated to Nashville temporarily and am trying to get set back up here. Unfortunately CompUSA wants $30 for a firewire cable, and my box full of them back home is under water. So, I'm looking for some cheap firewire (6-pin to 6-pin) cables to get my gear set back up and try to get on my feet. Please email me at eric AT bluecranecs.com if you've got any I can buy.

thanks,
eric smith

gromit95
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 12, 2005, 09:42 AM

look on ebay
$1.00 per cable

dreilly1
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2005, 09:45 AM

Are you (or do you know) a student? The cheapest non-Ebay prices I've seen on cables were at computer stores on university campuses.

Member of the the Stupid Brigade! (If you see Sponsored Links in any of my posts, please PM me!)

savoirfaire
Sep 12, 2005, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by keltorsori
In my rush to get out of New Orleans after the levy broke, I didn't grab any of my cables for my gear. I've relocated to Nashville temporarily and am trying to get set back up here. Unfortunately CompUSA wants $30 for a firewire cable, and my box full of them back home is under water. So, I'm looking for some cheap firewire (6-pin to 6-pin) cables to get my gear set back up and try to get on my feet. Please email me at eric AT bluecranecs.com if you've got any I can buy.

thanks,
eric smith
The cheapest place I've seen them online is at Acortech.com where you can pick up 6feet cables (6-pin to 6-pin) for $4 with free standard shipping. I've never bought from them but they have good reviews. I've purchased from Lil Guy Technologies when they had a sale, but the current price is about $7 shipped.

keltorsori  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 27, 2005, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, back up and running now. Thankfully I might be able to go home in another week anyway. Thanks again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules