Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The case against Hillary

The case against Hillary
BadKosh
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2016, 02:35 PM

For balance I thought I'd start this thread.

four “Pinocchios. I'd say closer to 30.

Clinton fact-checked on 'truthful' claim in email scandal | Fox News

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2016, 02:37 PM

Paco500
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2016, 04:18 PM

From the article you posted.
Originally Posted by The Atlantic
And yet, in my mind, the case against Clinton is not as disturbing as Trump’s mendacity, megalomania, intolerance, and intellectual slovenliness.
That sums it up. However much of a disaster she may be, still better than Trump.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2016, 04:39 PM

45/47

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 1, 2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Paco500 View Post
From the article you posted.

That sums it up. However much of a disaster she may be, still better than Trump.
In a vacuum, yes. In politics? Less clear. That said, I'm not sure where Trump would be preferable to her for a conservative that he hasn't contradicted with something he said in the past.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2016, 04:56 PM

#2 Clinton Foundation donations from sharia law countries. (With the appearance of quid pro quo for donations to the CF)

The Clinton Foundation may be her undoing. Breitbart is reporting Khan has deep ties to the Saudis and the CF

Clinton Cash: Khizr Khan’s Deep Legal, Financial Connections to Saudi Arabia, Hillary’s Clinton Foundation Tie Terror, Immigration, Email Scandals Together - Breitbart
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 1, 2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
In a vacuum, yes. In politics? Less clear. That said, I'm not sure where Trump would be preferable to her for a conservative that he hasn't contradicted with something he said in the past.
The knock against Hillary is her policies aren't based on conviction. The evidence for this how well the timing of her flips match whether the new position is politically expedient.

Trump is a bit more complicated. I'd ultimately argue he's holding certain positions because he can make political hay out of them, but for others he appears to be the least sensitive person to political expediency on the planet. It's a distinguishing trait.

Is even the most strident anti-Trumper arguing the problem with him is "what you see isn't going to be what you'll get"?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 1, 2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
The knock against Hillary is her policies aren't based on conviction.
That goes for most of Trump's stances. ...and I realize the obvious one is The Wall. The obvious retort being, his most original ideas are the least likely to occur. He's selling shit politicians didn't think people would buy.

Is even the most strident anti-Trumper arguing the problem with him is "what you see isn't going to be what you'll get"?
I usually see that used in rebuttal to "You can't trust Hillary."

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 1, 2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
That goes for most of Trump's stances. ...and I realize the obvious one is The Wall. The obvious retort being, his most original ideas are the least likely to occur. He's selling shit politicians didn't think people would buy.

I usually see that used in rebuttal to "You can't trust Hillary."
I've said since day one Trump loves him some cheap, exploitable labor. His wall would land right on the neck of the golden goose. As I said, he is holding positions so he can make political hay out of them.

I'm not sure I understand the rebuttal comment. Honest apologies I consistently don't get things.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2016, 10:03 PM

It looks like HRC is the one who is cozy with Vlad the Inhaler.
Hillary’s Hotline to Moscow | LifeZette
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2016, 11:43 AM

New Bedford Dem's are a bit peeved that Hillary has thrown them under the bus with her disabled kids story.
https://www.conservativereview.com/c...-disabled-kids
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2016, 11:51 AM

How would the mayor know kids who weren't in school couldn't get to school?

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2016, 12:04 PM

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 2, 2016, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
New Bedford Dem's are a bit peeved that Hillary has thrown them under the bus with her disabled kids story.
https://www.conservativereview.com/c...-disabled-kids
In fact, being thrown under the bus is how those kids got disabled in the first place.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Cold chai brain freeze. NOT
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2016, 12:40 PM

We did this one already.

Don't make me post drunk Patrick Stewart again.

andi*pandi
Aug 2, 2016, 12:51 PM

seriously.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Aug 2, 2016, 01:06 PM

"Your facts have no power here."

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2016, 01:07 PM

We did this one already.

Don't make me post drunk Patrick Stewart again.
I prefer drunk Orson Welles
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2016, 01:42 PM

I guess Khan forgot the Wayback Machine™ caputured the website before it was deleted.
Panic Mode: Khizr Khan Deletes Law Firm Website that Specialized in Muslim Immigration - Breitbart
45/47

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2016, 01:58 PM

^^ Oopsie. Nothing is ever truly gone from the internet.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 2, 2016, 03:10 PM

He can plea he was getting hassled.

There's also another K.M. Khan who's a lawyer. I bet he was WTF a few days ago.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2016, 08:32 AM

Video: Liberals Convinced Trump Will Ban Tampons » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

More propaganda liberals fall for! Kinda makes you understand why those in the tank for Hillary are so stupid

andi*pandi
Aug 3, 2016, 09:55 AM

Well, you only have to watch Kimmel's Man on the Street or any other sidewalk interviews to see people no matter their politics are gullible. However, Trump has said so many crazy things, one more crazy thing is plausible. This is the man who said he'd date his own daughter.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2016, 09:57 AM

Video: Liberals Convinced Trump Will Ban Tampons » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

More propaganda liberals fall for! Kinda makes you understand why those in the tank for Hillary are so stupid

People are only gullible if you trick them into believing something unbelievable. I'm not sure there is any claim you could make in the name of Trump that would count as unbelievable.

Two of them did actually say it wasn't true, lots of the others answered it like a hypothetical anyway. I don't think anyone in the video really embarrassed themselves.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2016, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
People are only gullible if you trick them into believing something unbelievable.
No, they are pretty gullible regardless. It's an attribute of humans as a species, and isn't more or less prevalent based on political ideology.

I don't really want to get into which side has the dumber people. Believe me, there's plenty of stupid to go around for both parties and trying to quantify/qualify it would be like trying to count grains of wet send - equally as pointless as well.

Stupid/ignorant people exist in droves. Water is wet, and most people think they are much smarter than they actually are.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Aug 3, 2016, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
Stupid/ignorant people exist in droves. Water is wet, and most people think they are much smarter than they actually are.
Sounds familiar.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2016, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Sounds familiar.
I mean, you're just as guilty of it with posts like that.

If we want to be above it, we must not engage it. The internet has done a great many things for the world, including giving idiots everywhere a voice (not referring to anyone here). Search and you will find - that does not mean the rest of us must converge on the lowest common denominator of any ideology.

You don't win any credibility by acting just like those you're calling idiots, especially with the drive-by nature of pretty much all of your posts.

If you truly wanted to live up to your holier-than-thou attitude you ought to engage him in a constructive way that allows both of you room to grow.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2016, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Well, you only have to watch Kimmel's Man on the Street or any other sidewalk interviews to see people no matter their politics are gullible. However, Trump has said so many crazy things, one more crazy thing is plausible. This is the man who said he'd date his own daughter.
If she wasn't his daughter, and was just some random woman, that is. The hyperbole over that is crazy. Frankly I don't see how that's at all comparable, but okay.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2016, 10:44 PM

OK lip readers, what does she say?
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2016, 11:40 PM

She says if you are truly planning to vote for Kodos, why are you so invested in seeing to it that Hillary Clinton is not elected? She also questions your priorities.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Aug 3, 2016, 11:42 PM

She also says "your fluff is tiresome, Chongo. Please stop, or else I will get elected and make you sad".

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2016, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
She says if you are truly planning to vote for Kodos, why are you so invested in seeing to it that Hillary Clinton is not elected? She also questions your priorities.
Talking about Hillary's "issues" is being "invested in seeing to it that Hillary Clinton is not elected"? You think anyone is going to change their voting choice based on forum memes?

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
She also says "your fluff is tiresome, Chongo. Please stop, or else I will get elected and make you sad".
It isn't nearly as bad as your complaining about said "fluff".

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2016, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
It isn't nearly as bad as your complaining about said "fluff".
It is. Conservatives have been bitching about Hillary for nearly 30 years. Its utterly tedious at this point. Amusingly its probably the reason they can't convict her for anything, because even their own assume they are making it up or over-exaggerating it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2016, 03:57 AM

No, they are pretty gullible regardless. It's an attribute of humans as a species, and isn't more or less prevalent based on political ideology.

I don't really want to get into which side has the dumber people. Believe me, there's plenty of stupid to go around for both parties and trying to quantify/qualify it would be like trying to count grains of wet send - equally as pointless as well.

I didn't making this a partisan issue. If you don't want to get into that, why bring it up? Or was that in response to Badkosh?
I'm jJust saying that you could claim Trump said literally anything and it would be believable. Shocking nonsense is his M.O.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2016, 07:41 AM

Hillary hasn't been convicted or charged BY THE DEMOCRATS IN CHARGE. But it's not political?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2016, 07:47 AM

Fluff fans rejoice! A chance to use your detective skills. Is this real or a hoax?
Kos says IDK
Thousands of Bernie Sanders Supporters Are Suing the DNC in a Massive Class Action Lawsuit
Download your paperwork
DNClawsuit | JamPac
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2016, 07:50 AM

A question for the peanut gallery, many of you who were in diapers when Billary was POTUS. What was the main funding mechanism for Hillary's health care plan?
45/47

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2016, 08:30 AM

https://investmentwatchblog.com/bomb...er-and-better/

Hmmmm...........So Khan helped Hillary set up that illegal Email server, among other things?

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2016, 08:30 AM

A question for the peanut gallery, many of you who were in diapers when Billary was POTUS. What was the main funding mechanism for Hillary's health care plan?
White people tears.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2016, 11:50 AM

White people tears.
Actually, it was a $ .75-$1.00 tax on cigarettes.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2016, 11:52 AM

Hmmmm...........So Khan helped Hillary set up that illegal Email server, among other things?
Now now.....that's
45/47

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2016, 01:35 PM

But if you dig even deeper it turns out the Khan, Hillary, Obama and even Trump are all in fact........

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2016, 03:21 PM

You don't win any credibility by acting just like those you're calling idiots, especially with the drive-by nature of pretty much all of your posts.

If you truly wanted to live up to your holier-than-thou attitude you ought to engage him in a constructive way that allows both of you room to grow.
Oh come on, try and convince me that BadKosh and the like are capable of growth.

I'll engage with people worth talking to. Some are not. That's not me being pretentious.

BadKosh  (op)
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2016, 05:16 PM

Growth? How about being around since Watergate, and watching liberals and conservatives be assholes. I know the difference between liberals who do NOT connect to reality and conservatives who eat the young. Its wisdom and experience. Liberals by definition do not see reality, but see a fictional version filled with stereotypes and soap opera plots. This is why they think fictional movies are true documentaries. They talk to one another, telling each other what they HEARD from another liberal, but get it wrong when they repeat it, so after 4-5 tellings it's completely wrong. Liberals do not read.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2016, 05:41 PM

Oh come on, try and convince me that BadKosh and the like are capable of growth.
Regardless of his capability - its yours you should be more concerned with. People may surprise you, they may not, but if your attitude is "why bother?" you'll always get what you give.

I'll engage with people worth talking to. Some are not. That's not me being pretentious.
Great, if that's the case there should be plenty of room for good discussion. I'll assume Badkosh makes your list of people worth talking to, since you engaged him not more than 3 posts ago. Shall we start?

Taking Trump & the election out of the equation completely, how do you feel about Hillary in a vacuum?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2016, 05:58 PM

Regardless of his capability - its yours you should be more concerned with. People may surprise you, they may not, but if your attitude is "why bother?" you'll always get what you give.
Check the post above yours and tell me again that there's a good reason to do anything but point and laugh.

Great, if that's the case there should be plenty of room for good discussion. I'll assume Badkosh makes your list of people worth talking to, since you engaged him not more than 3 posts ago.
That wasn't engagement.

Taking Trump & the election out of the equation completely, how do you feel about Hillary in a vacuum?
http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...y/#post4362515

I believe she is not honest. I believe she does not have the best interests of the common American at heart. I believe she uses "The System" and her position in it to her advantage, both for money and influence. I believe she cannot possibly relate to a common, normal person. I believe no matter her policy positions, I cannot trust her priorities given all of the money she's taken from large corporations and other entities whose interests are in direct conflict with those of the average American.

I also believe that either side continuously whinging about whatever hot button controversy the media tells them to care about for the moment clouds real issues and desensitizes either side to hearing valid complaints about their candidate of choice.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Aug 4, 2016, 06:09 PM

Check the post above yours and tell me again that there's a good reason to do anything but point and laugh.
If you feel that way, there's even better reason not to engage at all.

That wasn't engagement.
If quoting him and insulting him in a thread that he's active in isn't engagement, what is?

http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...y/#post4362515

I believe she is not honest. I believe she does not have the best interests of the common American at heart. I believe she uses "The System" and her position in it to her advantage, both for money and influence. I believe she cannot possibly relate to a common, normal person. I believe no matter her policy positions, I cannot trust her priorities given all of the money she's taken from large corporations and other entities whose interests are in direct conflict with those of the average American.
You and I agree pretty much 100% here. I bet you're shocked
I also believe that either side continuously whinging about whatever hot button controversy the media tells them to care about for the moment clouds real issues and desensitizes either side to hearing valid complaints about their candidate of choice.
Wow, even more so here.

I'm hoping that as the internet becomes ever more prevalent and all sorts of voices can gain steam, we'll not want to rely on big money MSM telling us what to care about. Right now, the MSM picks up on something juicy and we all react. I hope to see the day that the "something juicy" gets replaced with "something relevant" and doesn't come from an oligarchy that makes money on the reaction. This process, though, I believe will be long and painful.

Thank you for your thoughtful responses. Can I ask your thoughts on Trump in the same light? I'm betting we'll find as much agreement between us but I promise you this is going somewhere.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Aug 4, 2016, 06:51 PM

Long and painful is right. I was just thinking the other day about how youtube which has the potential to be a strong MSM alternative in many ways (not so much in others) has devolved into a cliquey mess of manufactured drama with prominent you tubers constantly feuding with each other, dating and even allegedly raping each other.

Its hard to envisage the mechanism that will wrench any form of popular internet news from the current pit of racing to the bottom chasing page views and ad revenue to a morally upstanding, unbiased, noble venture that seeks only to accurately inform the public. Its easy to blame the media of course but the public are the ones who find the truth too dull when there is so much clickbait to hand.

subego
Clinically Insane
Aug 4, 2016, 11:35 PM

One of my pet theories is the type of journalism we're familiar with and lament the passing of was an anomaly. I think its rise and fall can be directly tied to the rise and fall of network television.

This was further connected to 9/11. Just as the Network News gorilla started to topple over, people got really partisan as battle lines were drawn over the Iraq war.

Forum Links
Forum Rules