Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > I am looking for a 3D camera (preferably pictures and video) - any recommendations?

I am looking for a 3D camera (preferably pictures and video) - any recommendations?
Ham Sandwich
Jan 12, 2014, 07:42 PM

I am looking for a 3D camera, preferably something that can take both 3D pictures and 3D video. I want it to record in 1080p, at 30 frames per second. I plan to use it around home and occasionally on hiking trips, so it should be somewhat light and durable.

I would also like it to take fairly nice pictures (the kind that I would expect from a decent small camera) up to at least 10 megapixels.

From a software standpoint, I would like to just take the 3D data and be able to just work with it easily on a Mac.

My budget is flexible. But, if we're talking about a $1000 camera, then I would need to be convinced that the camera will last me a long time before I spend that kind of money.

Any recommendations?

ibook_steve
Jan 13, 2014, 07:11 PM

Nintendo 3DS.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

Ham Sandwich
Jan 18, 2014, 07:59 PM

So, does anyone else have any suggestions?

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 20, 2014, 02:27 AM

You want a cheap 3D camera that does stills and video and software to work with it easily?

3D is dead, everyone moved on to UHD.

Forum Links
Forum Rules