Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Best way to transport imac while travelling

Best way to transport imac while travelling
sweetymac
Forum Regular
Sep 13, 2005, 03:37 AM

Hi
I have a question, I did search the forums and came across one thread on transporting your desktop computer but the cases were around $200, for me that is kind of expensive.

I will only be travelling with my imac once, because I am leaving to a different city for an extended period of time meaning I will need my computer. Basically the plane ride is only 4 hrs but i'm wondering how to take my imac? I do not have the original packaging! I am just wondering if any of you have suggestions on the best way of going about this because I don't want my imac to break or anything bad to happen to it. I was thinking of taking it as carryon and wrapping it well in a small suitcase but I really don't know. I just want it to get there safe, with no troubles.

Thanks in advance!!!

ghettochild
Sep 13, 2005, 03:49 AM

take a look at this one .
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL

krx
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 13, 2005, 11:33 AM

A lot of people, myself included, keep their original packaging in storage for just this sort of contingency. I would ask around locally, first. Maybe you'll find someone who can "loan" you their packaging. Second I would call any local retailer who sells refurbished iMacs and see what they use when they ship. Maybe they'd sell you the packaging, or tell you where to go (to find it, that is). Third I'd contact online retailers of refurbished iMacs w/the same question.

Good luck.

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2005, 07:29 AM

The best way to take it with you is the original box. That is what is was designed for.
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

Forum Links
Forum Rules