Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Silk question

Silk question
sweetymac
Forum Regular
Jan 28, 2006, 11:23 PM

Hi

I have searched the thread and have found a few topics similar to the problem I have but did not want to bring up a 8 month old thread again so I thought I'd make a new one - not sure if thats allowed or not so I am sorry if I am doing something wrong. My question is I have upgraded to tiger and my silk no longer changes my menubar I have tried different things like uninstalling and deleting the plist and reinstalling, and checking/unchecking custom theme font etc, but no luck. It seems it changes certain things like safari fonts, but never the menubar. I don't know if I should reinstall tiger or what, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2006, 02:14 AM

Tiger indeed may need a little different approach in Silk settings as compared to Panther.
Check my picture near the end of page 2 of the VOID thread and try to mimic those.

sweetymac  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2006, 03:57 AM

omg you are sooooo smart Gerrit, that worked perfectly. I kept checking off font substitution plus checking the custom font...thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it!!!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules