Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > video ringtones where to get em

video ringtones where to get em
macfantn
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2006, 12:33 AM

my phone says it supports video tones, where do i get them? i tried uploading a .3gp video to it wont work as a ringtone
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2006, 07:51 AM

Video Ringtones? Since when do you look at your phone when it rings other than to see who calls?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Railroader
Banned
Nov 30, 2006, 09:05 AM

You can probably get them from your cell service provider's website.

Why such an ass erik?

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post

Why such an ass erik?
Legitimate question, stop projecting.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 30, 2006, 09:11 AM

At least wait until the questions is answered or start a thread if you want to talk about the validity about video ringtones.

I am not projecting. I am labeling your actions. I don't think you understand what projecting means. I am not surprised.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2006, 09:22 AM

At least wait until the questions is answered or start a thread if you want to talk about the validity about video ringtones.

I am not projecting. I am labeling your actions. I don't think you understand what projecting means. I am not surprised.
You'd like people to think that I am an ass by projecting your own emotions onto me. Call it what you want, you are being the ass here.

Railroader
Banned
Nov 30, 2006, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
You'd like people to think that I am an ass by projecting your own emotions onto me. Call it what you want, you are being the ass here.
I'd call anyone an ass who intentionally derails a thread with the very first reply.

Look in the mirror. I at least responded to the OP.

Sbtrfuge
Baninated
Nov 30, 2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
my phone says it supports video tones, where do i get them? i tried uploading a .3gp video to it wont work as a ringtone
Off the end of a high cliff. Is it just me, or have cellphones completely sucked for the past 5 years? 5 years ago you could actualy get a decent PHONE. Now all you can get are mediocre multidevices that are bigger, with large color screens that serve no purpose, all that type of crap. I hate all this '50 cent' ringtone bullshit and how every service provider does not let you change your wallpaper/ringtone without paying for it, so they preload your phone with HORRIBLE wallpaper or ringtones. On my latest phone, I cannot get just a simple 'color' for the background, I have to pick some sort of 'landscape' picture with the cingular logo hidden on it somewhere. Also, all the ringtones are awful. They're either all musical and annoying, or they sound like an alarm clock. Whatever happened to cell phone ringers that .... SOUNDED LIKE A CELL PHONE?

macfantn  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 30, 2006, 11:03 AM

on a serious tip where can i get a video ringer?
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2006, 01:33 PM

What does a video ringer do ?

Play a movie when someone calls ?

-t

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2006, 01:35 PM

Wow, not what I was expecting when I clicked on the thread.

Rumor
Nov 30, 2006, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by macfantn View Post
I've never heard of a video tone.

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Video Ringtones? Since when do you look at your phone when it rings other than to see who calls?
Valid point
Or call and see if the provider offers this service.

Originally Posted by Sbtrfuge View Post
Off the end of a high cliff. Is it just me, or have cellphones completely sucked for the past 5 years? 5 years ago you could actualy get a decent PHONE. Now all you can get are mediocre multidevices that are bigger, with large color screens that serve no purpose, all that type of crap. I hate all this '50 cent' ringtone bullshit and how every service provider does not let you change your wallpaper/ringtone without paying for it, so they preload your phone with HORRIBLE wallpaper or ringtones. On my latest phone, I cannot get just a simple 'color' for the background, I have to pick some sort of 'landscape' picture with the cingular logo hidden on it somewhere. Also, all the ringtones are awful. They're either all musical and annoying, or they sound like an alarm clock. Whatever happened to cell phone ringers that .... SOUNDED LIKE A CELL PHONE?
My razor works quite nicely.

Originally Posted by what_the_heck View Post
What does a video ringer do ?

Play a movie when someone calls ?

-t
I would guess so.

Originally Posted by Dakar² View Post
Wow, not what I was expecting when I clicked on the thread.
No doubt.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Forum Links
Forum Rules