Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iShuffle is the biggest joke in the portable audio player industry

iShuffle is the biggest joke in the portable audio player industry
almar008
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2005, 12:27 AM

What was Apple thinking when they marketed a flash player that lacks a screen???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

If I want to play one of my favorite songs are they expecting me to depend on luck?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

I don't know much about mac users...but I am a mac user because of the following:

1)terminal
2)xcode 2
4)iTunes
5) iPod and NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT iPod mini and iShuffle
6)the ease of use

7) most importantly the following equation:

MAC = PC + LINUX + MORE

I think differently not DIFFERENT

Cheetah223
Forum Regular
May 16, 2005, 12:49 AM

What's your problem? So they made a product you don't like..Condemn the company for it. It's obviously selling well...The point is to be simple, rugged, and SHUFFLE your music...Why would you need a screen if the sole purpose is to play your library in a RANDOM order? If you wanted to find a song, then buy something else. And what's your problem with the iPod mini? It's smaller, lighter, and more portable...Oh dear..That's useless to everyone, Apple needs to burn...

Then again, the iPod Shuffle does have a play through setting...i.e. you can play a playlist, start to finish, in the same order as you put it on...So quit complaining, if it's not something you want, don't buy it, the world doesn't always agree with you.
Have:
30GB 5G iPod
Want:
15" 2.16GHz MBP - 20" Cinema Display

trip
Forum Regular
May 16, 2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by almar008
What was Apple thinking when they marketed a flash player that lacks a screen???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

If I want to play one of my favorite songs are they expecting me to depend on luck?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

I don't know much about mac users...but I am a mac user because of the following:

1)terminal
2)xcode 2
4)iTunes
5) iPod and NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT iPod mini and iShuffle
6)the ease of use

7) most importantly the following equation:

MAC = PC + LINUX + MORE

I think differently not DIFFERENT
I love the shuffle. I use my regular ipod for everyday use and the shuffle is for jogging.
Perfect for jogging and I have no use for the screen. I plan my playlist well for jogs. I guess the shuffle isn't meant for people like you, but I wouldn't want it any other way....
It's Perfect.

The only thing i don't get is why it bothers you so. It's not like you don't have 4 variants of ipod to choose from.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations". --David Friedman

SSharon
Professional Poster
May 16, 2005, 01:12 AM

Cheetah and trip, please don't feed the trolls.

You guys are both 100% right, but don't worry about defending yourself, the success of the shuffle speaks for itself. Some people understand what its for and some do not. End of story.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
May 16, 2005, 01:23 AM

Got rid of my 15 gig ipod with screen for a shuffle. I like the shuffle 10x more.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

almar008  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2005, 02:25 AM

My problem (if I had one) is similar to the problem of

Mac Addict

Mac User

Cnet

and all the magazines and websites that evaluate products.

What you just posted is equivalent to:
"Mac addict and the rest have the right to comment on Apple products but you don't"

My dear friend the reason why I attacked iShuffle is to read a Defense.

If I posted my post the casual way (Do you think iShuffle needs a screen) the replies won't be as good as the replies of iShuffle owners who will defend the product and convince about it's good part and why they don't need a screen.

I don't have a problem my friend it's just that I am smart and I know how to get the best info.

Kabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh ?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 16, 2005, 02:54 AM

It's not called the iShuffle. And if you don't like it, so be it. Buy what you like. Get a grip.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

andretan
Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2005, 02:54 AM

Where. Is. The. Time. Line.
mac.goodies webstore / Switched to an iBook in November 2002. Never looking back.
iBook R.I.P. 20 Nov 2002 - 2 Aug 2005
Hello Leopard! On iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 2GB, iPod 5th gen 30GB and iPhone

Steve
Moderator Emeritus
May 16, 2005, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by almar008
Kabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh ?
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw n

You remind me my wife… why you laugh? She dead. | sasper at gmail dot com

Forum Links
Forum Rules