Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Calling movie studs; let's play "what movie is it?"

Calling movie studs; let's play "what movie is it?"
superTOR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 5, 2004, 11:15 PM

Intro (skip this, boring part)

I've just had two norwegian friends from back home visit me in Brisbane, Australia. They went through eastern-Asia and as such hadn't been in contact with western people in a long time. All of their stories are of course great, but one little detailed entrigued me; they saw a preview of 2 upcoming films they wanted to know if I had on dvd; one was "one hour photo" and the other, they couldn't remember, and I can't see what film they are talking about from their explanation either. Help me, 'cause it sounds coooooool!

Their explanation (the needing help part)

(Keep in mind that the preview of the film "One Hour Photo" was shown at the same time and they claimed it was new, although I watched it over a year ago. Thus the release date on the other movie is hard to determine.)

I was about a village which was situated close to a forrest. The forrest was inhabited by one kind of people, or animals or whatever, and the village was inhabited by a different kind, namely the good guys. In the beginning of the preview all is well and the people in the village claim that there is a natural balance between the two, meaning they just keep to them selves. The preview then shows a starting battle of some sort between the two.

It's pretty vague, but any takers?

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
May 5, 2004, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by superTOR:

I was about a village which was situated close to a forrest. The forrest was inhabited by one kind of people, or animals or whatever, and the village was inhabited by a different kind, namely the good guys. In the beginning of the preview all is well and the people in the village claim that there is a natural balance between the two, meaning they just keep to them selves. The preview then shows a starting battle of some sort between the two.

It's pretty vague, but any takers? [/B]
"The Village" by the Sixth Sense dude. And that is a really clear description of the movie.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/the_village/

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

superTOR  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2004, 12:00 AM

Ingeniuos (and lightening fast) answer!

Now I can pass this information on and look like film-superman!

ghost_flash
Professional Poster
May 6, 2004, 12:41 AM

His name is M. Night Shyamalan

Linky

- Sixth Sense *****
- Unbreakable *****

Great movie maker.

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
May 6, 2004, 12:43 AM

Originally posted by ghost_flash:
His name is M. Night Shyamalan

Linky

- Sixth Sense *****
- Unbreakable *****

Great movie maker.
- Signs *****

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

RAzaRazor
Mac Elite
May 6, 2004, 12:58 AM

Originally posted by Socially Awkward Solo:
- Signs *-
Fixed.

superTOR  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2004, 12:59 AM

Signs isn't all that. Lacked the finer points of the two mentioned before. The alien invasion was obvious the entire time, and when they actually came, it became even more obvious.

And the retorick behind stating that an alien invader would attack every single house with on or two aliens (unable to open doors), is just pure nonsense. I can't remember learning THAT trick in officer training... ("officers! Once we get to russia I don't want you to kill people in crowds or do warfare in a large scale, because that would give them a chance to fight back. instead, go at them one at a time with your dumbest infantry, door-opening capabilities is not required but they should be able to leak gas...")

Liked the movie though, entertainment wise. It's just not as refined or complex as the other two.

Forum Links
Forum Rules