Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod touch and iCal syncing

iPod touch and iCal syncing
abbaZaba
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2008, 12:11 PM

I have a calendar in iCal that is stored (published) on Box.net servers (which support webDAV)

my iPod touch used to be able to write to the server and the changes would show up in my iCal application on my mac

however, after this 2.0 upgrade I can make a change in the touch iCal app but it won't write that change to the .ics file stored on Box.net's server

does the iphone/touch iCal app not write to a server now? (I doubt box.net changed their service)

abbaZaba  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 17, 2008, 12:56 PM

after messing around with this for awhile one of three things has happened:

1) Apple has changed the functionality of the touch iCal app and it does not actively write to a server anymore

2) the touch iCal app only writes to Apple's own servers (mobileme)

3) the touch iCal app has a longer interval to write to the server than it used to have (before 2.0)

whichever has happened, the functionality has definitely changed and it does not work like it used to.

that is pretty shitty.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2008, 10:02 PM

Apple wants you to pay for MobileMess instead of using a free/already paid for alternative.

Forum Links
Forum Rules