Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Refurbished Mac Pro question

Refurbished Mac Pro question
Taskmaxter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2007, 04:22 PM

Hey, just looking for some feedback (positive or negative) on buying a Mac Pro from Apple. From some of the searches I've done it sounds like people have had very good luck on iMac's and Mac Books, but haven't seen much posted in the way of buying a refurbished Mac Pro. I'm really interested in picking up one of the 3GHz model's since it looks like a sweet deal. Thoughts or experiences?

GMJames
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2007, 04:49 PM

I purchased a MacPro 3GHz machine (refurbished) two weeks ago. It has worked without flaw, is in perfect exterior and interior condition and was a great deal. Given the limited time I have had it, I could not say as to how it will hold up, though I would think that the computer has undergone some "extra" examination and certification to meet original specs. My thoughts are that it should perform at least as well as an assembly line machine.

One other note: Because I could see the refurbished computer's configuration, I knew it would be in stock and ready to ship. I got it less than 20 hours after ordering it.

davidrivera
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2007, 06:23 PM

I got my refurbished Mac Pro 2.66 on December (My own Christmas gift) and it worked without a hitch. I come from the Windows world and sort use to have to fix something on my system but my Mac just worked. Hmmm, a computer that just works... what you know!

P.S. The machine shipped so quick I almost wasn't home to receive it.
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz/ 3GB of RAM / 250GB HD/ 320GB HD/ 320GB external FW800 HD / Geforce 7300GT / Dual 19" Acer LCD (4.3)

Captain Curt
Feb 2, 2007, 07:01 PM

I've bought a refurbished 2.66 mac pro and a refurbished 30" apple display. Both units were in excellent condition. (One pixel dead on the display.) Apple refurbs offer the best bang for the buck.
Mac Pro 2.66, 30 inch Apple Cinema Display, Scansnap S510m, Brother 4070cdw, MX Revolution

TimmyDee51
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2007, 07:46 PM

I don't have a refurbished Mac Pro, but I do have a "refreshed" Mac Pro, which means it was an open box item. I have to say I haven't had a single problem with it since I got it. Granted, when I bought it from the store, it was missing the power cord, but they remedied that without a question. Most likely they had wiped the HD and tested it after it had been returned only to forget to put the power cord back in the box. I'm sure the refurbs straight from Apple won't have that problem.
Per Square Mile | A blog about density

Forum Links
Forum Rules