Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor
littlegreenspud
Senior User
Sep 11, 2002, 04:48 PM

Is any one else finding MOHAA really annoying to play?

In one mission you clear out a mansion, take some plans for the King Tiger and the blow up two Tiger Tanks, and what happens? Soldiers come running out of the buildings you have cleared!

Then on leaving the grounds of the mansion (the same mansion emptied yet again!) some more soldiers appear out of thin air!

I understand that they are trying to apply the pressure and make the game more challenging but magically appearing soldiers?

Also the path you have to take is totally linear, for example when working through a sniper crowded village there is a sniper above you and looking ahead you see an open doorway with a window next to it. Ah you think if I run I can make it through the doorway and snipe him through the window. You run and THUD, you cannot go through the doorway!

These sort of "features" are really spoiling what could have been an excellent game!

Rant over.

I hope Deus Ex 2 will be out soon...

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2002, 10:31 AM

What's even funnier is when you position yourself at the spot where they appear out of thin air. I observed this in the King Tiger mission.

Developing a mission-oriented FPS game with the nonlinearity of say Myst is the next challenge to be overcome.

Originally posted by littlegreenspud:

In one mission you clear out a mansion, take some plans for the King Tiger and the blow up two Tiger Tanks, and what happens? Soldiers come running out of the buildings you have cleared!

Then on leaving the grounds of the mansion (the same mansion emptied yet again!) some more soldiers appear out of thin air!

I understand that they are trying to apply the pressure and make the game more challenging but magically appearing soldiers?

Also the path you have to take is totally linear, for example when working through a sniper crowded village there is a sniper above you and looking ahead you see an open doorway with a window next to it. Ah you think if I run I can make it through the doorway and snipe him through the window. You run and THUD, you cannot go through the doorway!

These sort of "features" are really spoiling what could have been an excellent game!

Rant over.

RobbR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 13, 2002, 01:00 AM

Originally posted by littlegreenspud:

Rant over.

I try not to analyze games too much...MoH:AA was a real fun game to play. But the small village with snipers was a bit frustrating...they were deadly accurate. Too accurate, took the fun out of it and just aggrevated you.

But otherwise a fun game..

...Bob

Boochie
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 13, 2002, 12:53 PM

Yeah, that was the one level where I broke down and used cheats. Otherwise it would have been near-impossible, especially at the maximum difficulty setting.

Originally posted by RobbR:

I try not to analyze games too much...MoH:AA was a real fun game to play. But the small village with snipers was a bit frustrating...they were deadly accurate. Too accurate, took the fun out of it and just aggrevated you.

But otherwise a fun game..

...Bob

littlegreenspud  (op)
Senior User
Sep 15, 2002, 11:06 AM

I am playing it on the most difficult level and I am not surprised by the snipers accuracy etc, it is just the doors that you cannot go through, the "blocked" allyways etc.

I think the game would have been excellent if you had the relative freedom the Deus Ex gave you to solve problems.

and Boochie, yes I have seen them appearing out of thin air and this somewhat takes away from the realism of the game!

Forum Links
Forum Rules