Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Which do Mac users prefer....IE5 or Netscape?

Which do Mac users prefer....IE5 or Netscape? (Page 2)
suprz
Mac Elite
Nov 27, 2000, 08:40 PM

i use IE5 all the time at home on my imac. it doesnt crash on me other than the occasional freeze. and i mean "occasional" i have netscape and i rarely use it. i work on a pc at my job ( i guess that's why i hate work) and i use netscape on that one all the time. it looks and works bettter than IE5 on the pc...so go figure.............

------------------
" I think,
therefore....IMAC
"The only time that man gets to actually leave a physical mark upon this earth is in death, and even then, it is only a gravestone proclaiming his demise"

Kryton
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2000, 07:32 PM

I use iCab and have been doing so from the start. I rarely use Netscape or IE.

I do a lot of offline browsing and believe me iCab is a dream come true for users like me. It renders pretty fast, gives you almost complete control over what gets rendered and saves web archives like lightning. Open up your browser of choice, go to your page of choice and save it as a web page including graphics. Time all browers that you tried this with. iCab will beat them all. Now calculate the difference in the time it took to save the pages and start multiplying by the amount of pages you normally visit in a session.

Of course this info is relative to offline web surfers but iCab also has a lot to offer the regular surfer. Too much to list here. Download the latest version and give it a spin, if you hit a page that iCab handles badly it probably has more to do with bad design on the part of the Webmaster than with an iCab issue (JavaScript aside).

t0ken
Dec 5, 2000, 04:52 AM

wow, this topic is still going?

0utr0x, t0ken.

Forum Links
Forum Rules