Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > "Burn" mark on corner of display

"Burn" mark on corner of display
Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 31, 2004, 12:38 PM

I'm sorry if this issue has come up here before, but I couldn't find the appropriate search terms to find any threads on it. If this is been covered before, please refer me to that thread.

I've had my rev. A. 12" for about 8 months now, and in the past couple of weeks I've noticed a corner of the display looks like it's been slightly burned. It's really hideous. I've posted a picture.

I've taken to using wallpapers that has a black background in that corner so I won't notice the apparent burn mark. But I know it's there. Any ideas what it could have been caused by? I haven't dropped the laptop. It's possible it could have been caused when I pick up the laptop from my desk with one hand, placing maybe too much pressure on the back of the display (which I should stop doing). Any opinions?

The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

Jawbreaker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 2, 2004, 01:01 AM

Didn't want to let this thread disappear. I've had a similar mark on the display of my Rev. A 12" since the day I got it - your "burn" seems to be a bit larger than mine. Truth be told it's never really gotten in the way of anything for me. I would be interested to know if anyone has a sense of what causes it.

iRebound
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2004, 03:44 AM

i have the exact same thing on my pismo. i have no idea what caused it.

jaiqua
Feb 2, 2004, 06:36 AM

Yeah, me too on my Pismo. It just appeared around a year ago and can't think how it happened. It's in the exact same spot as the picture above, same shape too, kinda like an arc from the bottom to the side.

I've noticed that there's a couple of other dark patches appearing along the bottom, but there really faint just now.
the navajo know

Forum Links
Forum Rules