Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iCal help

iCal help
LadyBlue
Feb 19, 2004, 10:00 PM

I was wondering, is it possible for the iCal dock icon to always show what day it is....without having to open it first?
I <3 Macs!

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Feb 19, 2004, 10:42 PM

When you're done with iCal, just close the window, but don't quit the application. This will leave it running in the background, but it shouldn't have any noticeable impact on system performance.

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2004, 03:48 PM

No, not yet.

This topic surfaces regularly, so I think Apple are aware of its annoyance. You can further encourage them by sending feedback to http://www.apple.com/feedback/ical.html

The icon could be manipulated by a number of applications, like the iCal background processes or the Finder, but there are probably reasons why it isn't done yet.

J

Moonray
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2004, 07:20 PM

Applications can change their dock icon only while they are running. Apple should consider using an icon that doesn't show a date while iCal isn't running.
You can have the menu bar clock show the day of the week and click on it to see the current date.

-

Forum Links
Forum Rules