Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Showtimes on TIger (movie time app for Palm/Treo 600)? posting in apps failing for me

Showtimes on TIger (movie time app for Palm/Treo 600)? posting in apps failing for me
Stingrey
Forum Regular
May 7, 2005, 05:00 PM

Trying to post somewhere, posting in apps fails for me right now.

I know that most of you probably don't use this app, but for those who do, I am sure you know how I feel missing it right now. I upgraded to Tiger (it's great so far) but have lost Showtimes capabilities. More specifically, probably perl and how it recognizes the file capabilities. I have perl, but it just doesn't see/run the app "showtimes" for some reason. In a nutshell if you can help fix this for me, I've got some money for you! Not a fortune since I am not wealthy, but something worth a movie and a drink/snack roughly. On to the issue...

When I try to run showtimes "getdata.pl", it doesn't run giving me the following error (I'm using 0.7 by the way, can be found off of the link below):

[xmac:/Showtimes/showtimes-0.7-mac] stingrey% /usr/bin/open ./getdata.pl
2005-05-07 15:48:48.599 open[18624] LSOpenFromURLSpec() returned -10814 for application (null) urls file://localhost/Showtimes/showtimes-0.7-mac/getdata.pl.
[xmac:/Showtimes/showtimes-0.7-mac] stingrey%

The permissions on the file:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 stingrey admin 65660 Jan 10 2004 getdata.pl

There is a config file, it points to an appropriate directory, but still no dice. The site where you can see what showtimes is and where to get it to help me out (if you're bored) is:

http://showtimes.jrray.org/

ANY help appreciated. Thanks!

Rey :)

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
May 9, 2005, 07:31 AM

Anyone?

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
May 10, 2005, 08:38 AM

Update!

Did a chmod to get the file to be recognized as an executable or whatever (chmod u+x getdata.pl) and now (even after reinstalling perl somehow which MAY have added to what I'm getting below):

[xmac:/Showtimes/perl-5.8.6] stingrey% ./../showtimes-0.7-mac/getdata.pl
Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Network/Library/Perl .) at ./../showtimes-0.7-mac/getdata.pl line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./../showtimes-0.7-mac/getdata.pl line 37.

Rey

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
May 13, 2005, 07:31 AM

Money is being offered here... Please? I said please I think... I'm just stumped (or stupid) and need some help. ANY direction appreciated.

Rey

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 13, 2005, 07:42 AM

Maybe you should try the Unix forum.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
May 17, 2005, 09:08 AM

Posted in Unix forum... Still no help. Someone has got to have more of a clue than I do, I am certain of it :) Any help appreciated!

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
May 18, 2005, 01:18 PM

Never mind!

Forum Links
Forum Rules