Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > DVD Player Encountered Serious Error 17"

DVD Player Encountered Serious Error 17"
Stingrey
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2003, 08:14 PM

Got a chance to finally try and play a DVD on this beautiful new 17" Powerbook, and got to the part where it says "since you are running this for the first time, choose a region" and was pre-filled w/region 1... Anyhow, clicked ok or next or whatever was there, the app popped up a stop sign w/an explanation mark... "Dvd player encountered a serious error", only option is to quit... Went to Apple's site, nothing there, anyone know how to reinstall this app or what I can do to troubleshoot/fix this? Restarted (I know, it isn't Windows) but that didn't solve anything. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Rey :)

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 6, 2003, 08:40 PM

Found the article that solves this issue.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75458

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Apr 16, 2003, 04:34 AM

glad i found this! i was getting that error on my G3, and i was thinking i'd have to install X from scratch.

right, where's those new dvd's...
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

Stingrey  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2003, 08:22 AM

I've found a ton of stuff here that is very helpful, if any of you guys find fixes to your own probs, chances are someone else is having that same prob. Glad I could help, but believe me, I've been helped more than I've helped out here :)

Rey!

Forum Links
Forum Rules