Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Black Theme, but with black text for Firefox

Black Theme, but with black text for Firefox
LadyBlue
Sep 12, 2005, 10:34 PM

I love almost all the black themes, but there is one small problem that I have no idea how to fix. Whenever I use Firefox, all the text I type is a very very light gray color. I have to strain my eyes to see it. So far the only themes that I don't have these problems are Shinobi and Blackberry. I would like to use a diff theme though.

Help? Anyone? Bueller?

<3 Blue
I <3 Macs!

esXXI
Senior User
Sep 12, 2005, 11:39 PM

As far as I know, it's because Firefox ignores system-wide resources and does it's own thing (which is why it's buttons, text fields, progress bars and contextual menus don't get themed). So there's not a lot you can do about it.

siMac
Mac Elite
Sep 13, 2005, 02:29 AM

Yeah Firefox chooses which system resources to use, and does a bad job choosing. It seems to use the 'control text' colour for page text, meaning any themes with dark buttons and, therefore, light text are no good with it.

FireFox 1.5 is in beta, does anyone know if this has been fixed? If not maybe we can submit feedback...
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

Forum Links
Forum Rules