Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Edwards has dropped out of the race

Edwards has dropped out of the race (Page 2)
Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2008, 03:44 AM

you lost the argument, besson3c.

Obama has no more experience than I do.

Listen to his speeches. Then tell me what he said he was going to do.

He never says anything - but you leave feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Hope and $4.28 will buy you a vinte peppermint mocha at Starbucks.

As much as I hate Hillary, I'd choose her over Obama or McCain. And you know how rightwing I am.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 11:19 AM

I don't see how I can lose an argument there has been no counter argument to yet. I'm not saying that Obama has as much experience as some of the other candidates past and present, I was debating the notion that he has *no* experience, and bringing into question the value of this "experience", and what other sorts of qualifications and work history are of benefit to a president in the making?

Eug
Clinically Insane
Feb 6, 2008, 11:51 AM

Judging by the limited time I've seen them on TV, it would definitely appear that Obama has the most engaging personality.

However, when presented with tough questions, Obama often doesn't seem particularly well equipped to deal with them. Perhaps it's partially intentional I don't know, but it seems his discussion of the meat of some arguments is often lacking. Both Clinton and Edwards seemed to handle the topics better IMHO. OTOH, Clinton often comes across as dry and institutional.

One cannot deny the importance of charisma in a leader, but as the results from yesterday have suggested, a lot of people value more knowledge and experience in a prez candidate as well, for obvious reasons.

Forum Links
Forum Rules