Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The perfect girl

The perfect girl (Page 3)
gumby5647
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2005, 01:13 AM

Yay for redheads

AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

deomacius
Senior User
Dec 5, 2005, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by skalie
..... and in the meantime watch a hell of a lot more Discovery channel.
Indeed!

You reap what you sow.

deomacius
Senior User
Dec 5, 2005, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by gumby5647
Yay for redheads

Hey! I can't see your contribution...

You reap what you sow.

Spliffdaddy  (op)
Posting Junkie
Dec 5, 2005, 01:26 AM

This has been the best thread ever.

I didn't know so many people loved redheads. Until now I figured I was just crazy.

As it turns out, quite a lot of us are crazy.

My perfect girl is out there somewhere. Although she's probably a leftwing treehugging vegetarian that believes global warming is real and man-made. Oh well. I'm inclined to think I might not even care.

loki74
Mac Elite
Dec 5, 2005, 03:51 AM

Hahaha don't worry spliff. There are a good number of hot, skirt-wearing, conservative redheads out there!!

And yea youre totally right--if someone misses an opportunity like that 'cause of political beliefes... pfftt LAME.

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Dec 5, 2005, 05:13 AM

Oddly enough there is at least one really hot redhead in Hiroshima prefecture. Too bad she lives out on an island far away. So my chances of finding a redhead here in Japan is rather low.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 5, 2005, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
This has been the best thread ever.

I didn't know so many people loved redheads. Until now I figured I was just crazy.

As it turns out, quite a lot of us are crazy.

My perfect girl is out there somewhere. Although she's probably a leftwing treehugging vegetarian that believes global warming is real and man-made. Oh well. I'm inclined to think I might not even care.
For many of us it's a dirty little secret, and for others it's a happy little secret, but redlovers are everywhere. And quite a lot of everybody is crazy-about redheads!

Don't be surprised if your perfect girl turns out to be quite the opposite from what you sketched; she could be a competitive shooter with a MS in chemical engineering and like her steaks RARE. Or a vegetarian because of a real philosophical decision, not because someone else said it was good for her. Either way, you never can tell when you're talking about someone who stands out just by existing-they turn out the way they want to.

Gumby, thanks for the Alyson pictures-I'd forgotten she's basically red too!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 5, 2005, 09:43 AM

red heads are fine, i love brunettes myself. brunettes with curly hair and blue or green eyes

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

mania
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2005, 01:34 AM

This is about as perfect as you can get, no talking.

The Bitcastle
graphic design, web development, hosting

deomacius
Senior User
Dec 6, 2005, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by mania

Mmmmmmm.... ageless beauty....

You reap what you sow.

SuvsareRetarded
Banned
Dec 6, 2005, 02:20 AM

OK, so I have a fascination with redheads wearing skirts. Me and my boss were discussing this topic the other day while we drove to meet a client. I commented on the fact that he seemed to find all Asian women attractive - something I've noticed in all the time we spent looking at women while we drive around meeting clients.
At first he tried to deny it, but eventually gave-in and agreed it was a true statement. Then he asked me why I find all redhaired women attractive. He couldn't help but notice, he told me. I didn't even try to deny it, because it's damned obvious. I told him I was looking for the perfect girl. In fact, I've spent the last six years looking for the perfect girl...and had no success.
My boss seemed surprised that my quest had yielded nothing since it began in late 1999. "After all", he said, "you're just looking for a pretty redhead wearing a skirt." Which is true. "But that's exactly the problem", I replied.
See, I've had six years to think about all this. And I've just about thought it to death.
I began explaining the hardship associated with seeking my perfect girl. First of all, for every 16 females - only *one* will have red hair. You can thank genetics for that. So, only 6.25% of the total female population qualifies for consideration as my 'perfect girl'. Out of those 6.25% of females, perhaps 20% of them would fall into my 'allowable' age bracket (25-40). That's just 1.25% of the total female population. But wait! It gets worse from there.
Realistically, not all women are pretty. I hate to say it like that, but I'd be ********ting you otherwise. Me and my boss spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the ratio of ugly-to-pretty women might be. We even did some statistical analysis while we ate lunch at Pizza Hut. We rated the first 25 women that walked through the door on a scale of 'pretty or not'. Our analysis indicated that one was, indeed, ugly - yet only six were truly pretty. Therefore, 24% of women in our survey group were pretty.
Ok then. Just 24% of the 1.25% of the female population will, statistically, be an attractive redhead between the ages of 25 and 40. Described as a percentage of the population, it would be 0.31%. But wait! It gets worse from there.
Sure, 31 out of a thousand females will be attractive redhaired women between the ages of 25 and 40...BUT...not all of them will like me. As a rule of thumb, I figure maybe 1 girl that I like out of 50 will like me back. That's only 2% - and I'm a damn good looking desireable guy! So, if only 2% of 0.31% would like me back, then statistically the percentage of women that fit the description of my 'perfect girl' would be (drum roll please)
.0062%.

My boss looked at me and said, "But how many of them wear skirts?"

I shrugged and told him to pull into the 7-11 so I could buy a Powerball lottery ticket. I figured my odds were pretty good. Well, better than the odds of finding that perfect girl.
My suggestions:

Move to an irish neighborhood, go to irish festivals, or consider sandy blondes that are open to hair dye.

Since EBCDIC
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 6, 2005, 05:56 AM

Dated a redhead for four years; first love. Interesting.

Scotland is a right-on suggestion. Especially the northern half.

Poland and Israel both have redheaded populations.

But the best suggestion you've gotten so far is to find Irish or Celtic or Scottish goings-on in your neck of the woods. And use match.com or whatever to search for redheads. Remember, it's just a matter of perseverance. Try a few hundred and you'll find someone who meshes with your personality.

Good luck...
Since EBCDIC
Using Macs since they were Lisas.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 6, 2005, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
Hahaha don't worry spliff. There are a good number of hot, skirt-wearing, conservative redheads out there!!

And yea youre totally right--if someone misses an opportunity like that 'cause of political beliefes... pfftt LAME.
No, young Jedi. Last thing you want if you're a conservative is a lib woman, even if she's the hottest thing on the planet. <holds t-shirt up as evidence>

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

ShotgunEd
Mac Elite
Dec 6, 2005, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mania

I'd demolish that thing.

Unless its life size.

Is it?

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 6, 2005, 08:28 AM

hey, check out this hottie >
Religious or not, the whole upside down cross thing has gotta freak you out a bit.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 6, 2005, 08:34 AM

Kevin, I have to admit I didn't look at the center of the picture...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 6, 2005, 08:38 AM

I have roaming eyes. Atleast that is what my better half tells me

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Dec 6, 2005, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
I have roaming eyes.
Me too. Although mine were roaming from left to right to left, rather than any up/down direction.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 6, 2005, 09:00 AM

She has nice eyes too.

deomacius
Senior User
Dec 6, 2005, 10:49 AM

Looks like I'll be attending the Highland Games then.

Portland Highland Games

You reap what you sow.

Forum Links
Forum Rules