Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 25)
klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
• Speaking of First Blood, how is that not an accolade? Also, someone had a great idea for a challenge - Get first blood and the game winning killcam. I call it "Bookends."
Good one!
Definitely worth a title.emblem combo.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 25, 2010, 02:57 PM

BTW, kb, the only reason i turned you guys down (Saturday?) was because I had another buddy on who doesn't like Domination (not that I'm a fan). One of these nights I'll have to join your monstrous group of individuals.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2010, 04:37 PM

• Favorite kill of the weekend: On Invasion, garage/gas station side. At spawn, haul ass to the left side; using a tank for cover quickly scope and headshot... MechWolfOSX for First Blood.
I gotta quit playing games where you're on the other team. You know all my secrets.

Man, I was working on a couple kills there, when out of nowhere I get shot by a sniper.

I see the tactical insertion only changes your spawn, I thought it changed the team's spawn. Still, it is a interesting tool. Makes it easy to deliver some payback, sometimes. Or in some case where I ran into an enemy's insertion, you get 2 easy kills.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 25, 2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I gotta quit playing games where you're on the other team. You know all my secrets.

Man, I was working on a couple kills there, when out of nowhere I get shot by a sniper.
Nah, nothing personal. It was the start of the game (So no kills for you to be working on) I just know the enemy has a habit of rushing down that street in Invasion. There was one other guy ahead of you, but you happened to come up closer in my sights.

I see the tactical insertion only changes your spawn, I thought it changed the team's spawn. Still, it is a interesting tool. Makes it easy to deliver some payback, sometimes. Or in some case where I ran into an enemy's insertion, you get 2 easy kills.
Unless some great idea dawns on me, I don't see myself trying TI til my last Prestige.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2010, 05:36 PM

Nah, nothing personal. It was the start of the game (So no kills for you to be working on)
I was about to shoot your team-mate standing out in the street and there was another guy to my right (your left) in the building.

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar
I just know the enemy has a habit of rushing down that street in Invasion.
It's a common habit for both teams.

I don't think I've run into a sniper too often making that run from either spawn.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 25, 2010, 05:54 PM

I was about to shoot your team-mate standing out in the street and there was another guy to my right (your left) in the building.
I didn't realize any dumbasses followed me. God knows I was on my own fighting off a few guys after that kill.

It's a common habit for both teams.
Not too long ago that team would rush that middle square area. It's interesting how strategies keep evolving.

I don't think I've run into a sniper too often making that run from either spawn.
That's to my advantage then.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 25, 2010, 07:10 PM

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2010, 04:21 AM

The checkpoint system in the single player campaign SUCKS ASS!!!!

I'm stuck on the "Loose Ends" level with veteran difficulty. (aka Estate on multiplayer) All 2,000+ files are downloaded and I make a mad dash to the helicopter dodging a bunch of enemy bullets, RPGs and mortars along the way. Halfway through I get hit by three bullets and drop to the prone position for a few seconds to recover health. I get up and run another 50 yards but die before I can trigger the next cut scene. (The big reveal.) Ok that's no big deal, I'll just play through that last part again. Right?

Wrong! The last checkpoint was saved when I got hit by those three bullets. So now when I re-spawn my screen is covered in red jelly. I spent about 30 minutes trying to live longer than 10 seconds before finally giving up.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 26, 2010, 10:09 AM

That's notoriously the worst checkpoint in the game.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2010, 01:19 PM

I'd like to try and finish special ops this weekend , anyone down for a Friday or Saturday session?

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 26, 2010, 02:25 PM

I might join ya on Saturday.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 26, 2010, 02:27 PM

I'd volunteer to help, but we both know I'm not good enough.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 26, 2010, 03:42 PM

I'm available on Friday to 9pm central time, but I'm worse than Dakar. I can probably get through on Hardened, but I'll probably have trouble on Veteran.

So far on the Alpha series, I've gotten through all of them except the last one on 2 stars, and the Sniper Fi on 3 stars. But I played through multiple times. The last one on the Alpha series is fun (the one with the bridge). I've got to try it on 2 and 3 stars.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2010, 06:48 PM

Any ideas when we might get an NN team going this week? Or maybe an NN lobby with some throwing knife games or whatever.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 26, 2010, 06:52 PM

I don't know about NN but I'll be on with two other friends tonight around 9 (supposedly)

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2010, 07:04 PM

9 est? I'll try n get home to get in on that. Haven't played in a minute.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 27, 2010, 11:34 AM

On the bright side of my horrible play last night, we didn't lose many matches.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2010, 02:55 PM

On the bright side of my horrible play last night, we didn't lose many matches.
I had fun, though, most of my amusement came at your expense.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2010, 04:30 PM

Had to quit 2 out of the 3 matches I played last night due to idiots using the unlimited Care Package glitch. Freakin' LOSERS.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 27, 2010, 05:06 PM

Another night free of the the g/f, but I'm hanging at my good friend's house so I won't be back till past 10. I'll still sign on and see if anybody is MW2ing it up, otherwise it's Twilight Princess for me.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 27, 2010, 07:24 PM

I'll be around, message me or post here and I'll get some games in with you.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
Had to quit 2 out of the 3 matches I played last night due to idiots using the unlimited Care Package glitch. Freakin' LOSERS.
I haven't seen that, yet, in matches.

I never noticed that with the Scavenger perk, that it restocks your equipment as well as restocking your ammo. I was a little mystified that I still had a claymore, because I knew I used/placed it, and sure enough my placed claymore was still there, and I now had another claymore to place. That can come in useful.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 28, 2010, 05:38 PM

I've had two near-miss stickies in the final killcam the past few days, along with getting the last two kills on a game on Underpass where kill 74 was a throwing knife. I swear to god I'm knocking one of these achieves out before I Prestige again.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 28, 2010, 06:05 PM

Yeah, it must be hard timing those winning kill-cam kills that you need for challenges. I haven't tried those yet. I do know, I got one of them just by accident. I can't remember what it was, I'd have to look it up.

I'm still trying to finish off a few Perk challenges - that's why I've been a level 70 for over a week. I'll probably be there for another week and then I'll Prestige.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2010, 09:49 PM

I've had two near-miss stickies in the final killcam the past few days, along with getting the last two kills on a game on Underpass where kill 74 was a throwing knife. I swear to god I'm knocking one of these achieves out before I Prestige again.
Yeah, it must be hard timing those winning kill-cam kills that you need for challenges. I haven't tried those yet. I do know, I got one of them just by accident. I can't remember what it was, I'd have to look it up...
I want the Supply Crate one so dearly, but I don't even use that Kill-streak so I have no chance of achieving it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 29, 2010, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
I want the Supply Crate one so dearly, but I don't even use that Kill-streak so I have no chance of achieving it.
I'd want it more if I had capcard...

The next patch needs to drop by next week at latest. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of care package glitching this weekend.

Edit: Oh, my brilliant moment of the night: Been running all stuns on my classes in hopes of getting the Think Fast! challenge done... and I finally did on Terminal. Only I got mixed up and already had that one. I need the Think Fast! with a flash. *sigh*

Oh, and just a reminder for everyone that Fatty is a dirty dirty camper.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2010, 12:47 PM

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of care package glitching this weekend.
I could use it to finish off some of my killstreak challenges. I'll have to watch if someone uses it, and try and steal some care packages. I could use it to finish off some of my killstreak challenges.
MacBook Pro

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2010, 05:23 PM

Oh, and just a reminder for everyone that Fatty is a dirty dirty camper.
Hehe, you know it!

I even managed to get 30 kills on Rundown by staying in one place! That's amazing isn't it, I mean, usually when somebody gets 30 kills they are on the move laying down withering abuse on the other team from all angles, but not this time!

For the people who weren't there I got the game winning kill on Terminal after just re-spawning, the other team then proceeded to single me out as a camper (even though I almost never camp). The next match I brought the ruckus, went 30-5, pretty much just running around Rundown with my ACR. They still called me a camper.

So basically if you are losing it's because the other team is camping, even if they aren't.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 29, 2010, 05:27 PM

It was Highrise. They had almost pinned to one spawn, so we started to counter it by camping - the kind you do when you know someone is coming. It's no different than hiding just inside a doorway when you hear someone's footsteps.

Did you notice after we won two in a row and were on our way to a third they quit mid-match?

This is why you don't talk shit.

---

Of course the other highlight of the night was winning a game where in the second half, the other team called in like 5 or 6 care packages and 3 or 4 emergency airdrops.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 29, 2010, 05:52 PM

By the way sek, I've been using the M1014, and can't say I'm impressed. The automaticness is handy, but it seems like in more than half the situations I get kills, it takes 2 shots where the SPAS would have taken one. And then I'm down to half ammo. The reload is way better, though.

To be fair, I still haven't gotten much time with it on Estate where guarding the upstairs I think it's quick fire would be handy.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2010, 05:53 PM

By the way sek, I've been using the M1014, and can't say I'm impressed. The automaticness is handy, but it seems like in more than half the situations I get kills, it takes 2 shots where the SPAS would have taken one. And then I'm down to half ammo. The reload is way better, though.

To be fair, I still haven't gotten much time with it on Estate where guarding the upstairs I think it's quick fire would be handy.
I prefer the M1014, especially once you get extended mags... it's awesome.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 29, 2010, 05:55 PM

I look forward to that, if I ever make Prestige 10.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 29, 2010, 05:59 PM

I look forward to that, if I ever make Prestige 10.
Consider this, I like it so much, I'm using it in place of RPGs on a couple of my classes... and you know how much I love RPGs.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 29, 2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by boy8cookie View Post
I prefer the M1014, especially once you get extended mags... it's awesome.
That's what I'm working toward, even without extended mags I love the M1014 and I've garnered over 350+ kills with it already.

My ACR and M1014 class with stopping power is the only one I use now.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 29, 2010, 11:51 PM

Of course the other highlight of the night was winning a game where in the second half, the other team called in like 5 or 6 care packages and 3 or 4 emergency airdrops.
I had a game like that in reverse. I got a killstreak and got everyone of my killstreaks - care package, predator missile, and pave low. Got a score of 22-5, and my team still lost. From the score it appears only 3 people on my team stayed for the whole game, and there were 5 or 6 on the other team.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 30, 2010, 12:07 AM

I wasn't clear - they were glitching like crazy.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 30, 2010, 12:22 AM

Send Mr Pownley an invite if you guys are on, I'm playing at a friend's house.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 30, 2010, 10:11 AM

Question:

If I get my 5 kill streak and call in a Predator, get two more and have a Harrier waiting, if I die BEFORE calling in the Harrier (i.e., on purpose or accidental), will the Harrier kills I get when I call it after re-spawning start a NEW kill streak? For example, if my Harrier gets 5 kills for me, will I get a new Predator?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2010, 05:20 AM

Mrjinglesusa, I think so yes.

I got so disgusted with the care package glitching, that I actually switched off the Xbox last night. We were winning a HQ Pro match and were capturing a HQ when they got a stealth bomber that basically wiped out the team. I'd been playing all day and hadn't come across too many glitchers, but they came out in force in the early evening. I'm tempted to dust off CoD4 until this sh1te gets patched.

Have the shotgun users tested the Striker? IMHO, the best balance of ar$e kicking, ammo capacity, rate of fire and precision.

I had never used it before, but the G18 is sweet. Also, the LSW isn't as crap as I thought - the trouble is, is that you get the magnificent RPD too early and therefore forget about the LSW.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2010, 08:17 PM

FYI:

There is a NEW unlimited care package glitch that appears to work post 1.08 patch. WTF is wrong with these loser glitchers?

I'm getting sick of this BS. If I see a lot of this glitch used in the games I play MW2 is going to sit on the shelf collecting dust.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 31, 2010, 09:30 PM

Question:

If I get my 5 kill streak and call in a Predator, get two more and have a Harrier waiting, if I die BEFORE calling in the Harrier (i.e., on purpose or accidental), will the Harrier kills I get when I call it after re-spawning start a NEW kill streak? For example, if my Harrier gets 5 kills for me, will I get a new Predator?
It definitely doesn't work that way.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2010, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
I had never used it before, but the G18 is sweet. Also, the LSW isn't as crap as I thought - the trouble is, is that you get the magnificent RPD too early and therefore forget about the LSW.
I was going to master the LSW next prestige, as I've mastered the RPD and AUG HBAR this prestige.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 31, 2010, 10:13 PM

Question:

It worked that way in COD4, but they corrected that in MW2

FYI:

There is a NEW unlimited care package glitch that appears to work post 1.08 patch. WTF is wrong with these loser glitchers?

I'm getting sick of this BS. If I see a lot of this glitch used in the games I play MW2 is going to sit on the shelf collecting dust.
I've read how to do it, and its 4x more complex.

The nice thing about this weekend is I secretly think every team that calls in more than 2 care packages is glitching.

Also, calling people who win campers really needs to stop. Like 4 straight games of that bullshit today.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2010, 01:05 AM

Also, calling people who win campers really needs to stop. Like 4 straight games of that bullshit today.
...which continued into the night!

Fatty, according to the players we won against tonight, is the worlds most successful camper....able to rouse back to back 30+ kill matches without taking a single step! Amazing!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Feb 1, 2010, 01:20 AM

I think the most hilarious part is those times when I go 20+ and lead the team to victory, I never get called a camper, even though I'm way more of one.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2010, 05:28 AM

I am the ultimate camper... and have never been accused of such. Who cares what the kiddies say anyway?

On another note, I got the Chopper Gunner emblem today, so I'm trying to figure out what my third kill streak is gonna be (thinking Emergency Air Drop).

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2010, 05:57 AM

A nuke is coming, I can feel it.

The other day on Wasteland. I get my Pave Low. Its sent into the air after 10 kills with the 50. It kills one person and I have my chopper gunner. I wait for a bit and the Pave Low gets shot down taking me to 15 kills. The chopper gunner is launched. I am still alive. I get 3 kills before it gets shot down. 18 kills. I was so angry. I've never seen choppers shot down so quickly.

Last night, Skidrow, same killstreaks. I get the winning kill and end up with 22-0. Gutted.

A guy in our clan has passed the 10 nukes mark. I've seen him get 3. He uses nothing but the 50 with thermal and his G18s (Akimbo).

Anyone here get a nuke yet?

P.S. Strange that I'm enjoying std TDM much more this time round. Maybe its the use of the sniper rifles.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2010, 08:47 AM

BTW mattyb, I've surpassed your K/D ratio.

Chew on that.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2010, 10:04 AM

Had one of my best games last night. Went 55-12 and extended my longest kill streak to 17. I'm LOVING the ACR.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2010, 10:04 AM

^I'm touched that you care. I'll blame the care package glitchers and camp even more - and ensure that I take a look at your stats.

Forum Links
Forum Rules