Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Dual ordered 8/28 shipping today

Dual ordered 8/28 shipping today
fhammond
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2003, 10:14 AM

I got an email today from Apple saying that my dual 2Ghz has shipped! A pleasant surprise because the original shipping date was 10/10. I ordered through the ADC program on 8/28. It's a CTO configuration: 1GB RAM, 2 x 250GB HD, Bluetooth & Airport. No 9800 Pro card 'though, as only a couple Adobe products care about 3D.

fh

Commodus
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2003, 10:31 AM

Man, for all the delays it seems as though Apple is catching up fast on orders.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

SlimHades
Sep 25, 2003, 03:31 PM

Excellent! I placed an order through ADC on 8/27 (ship date 10/9), with almost the exact configuration as you (I went for the 9800). No movement on mine yet, except for the credit card pre-auth.

What are you doing with the drives? Are you going to stripe 'em, mirror 'em, or just have two big ol' drives?

fhammond  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2003, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by SlimHades:
What are you doing with the drives? Are you going to stripe 'em, mirror 'em, or just have two big ol' drives?
Just two big drives. The second drive will be for images, a test OS or something else. I didn't got the 9800; our products typically don't care about 3D performance (I work at Adobe).

Regards,
fh

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2003, 06:07 PM

Hm. I went for the ADC order on 7/26 with ATI 9800, BT, Airport, and stock RAM/HD.

Still hasn't moved...How do you check the CC preauth?

SlimHades
Sep 26, 2003, 04:04 AM

I got a heads-up because I had some unexpected and expensive car trouble the day Apple tried to pre-authorize the card.

I found out because, after transferring more cash to the proper acct, I checked the order stats page, and sure enough, there was a red 'action required' notice. I called Apple to let them know they could rerun the card at will and it should be fine. The gentleman I spoke to said he removed the block (it hasn't shown up in the status since) and that the card would rerun on the next batch.

I haven't seen any movement in either order status or credit card charges since then (Tuesday). I'm calling Apple tomorrow to babysit the process; I don't trust Bank of America to not screw this up somehow.

PsiPhi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 10:02 AM

I am SO happy right now. I placed the order for my dual 2gHz (CTO, +250GB HD, -modem, +bluetooth) on September 11 and I had a shipping date of "On or before 10/17" up until about 3 PM yesterday. Apparently, though, sometime shortly after the last time I checked my order status my baby shipped! I got the Shipment notification email this morning when I got to work! I can't wait to bask in it's glory!

So... yeah, it seems as though Apple is catching up to all the orders. Only bad part is, I will have to come to work tomorrow (Saturday) to wait for the FedEx guy. Oh well, as soon as he gets here, I'm out the door and heading home with my new 37(?) pound baby. Then I have the rest of the weekend to coo at it.

ckohler
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 26, 2003, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the info PsiPhi! I just ordered my stock Dual G5 on Wednesday (Sep. 24) and have an expected shipping date of Oct. 30th. Here's hoping that I get the same fast turn-around as you!

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 11:17 AM

WTF! I ordered mine Educational on 7/25 and my estimated ship date is STILL 10/6. I got a Dual G5, 250gig HD, 1gig ram, 9800 gfx.

The only thing that had changed in my shipping method. From free ground to, 2day, now Priority Overnight.

Who knows... But I am at college new and want it damn it!
Anyone who would letterspace blackletter would steal sheep. - Frederic Goudy

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Sep 26, 2003, 11:21 AM

Is it because I changed my shipping location from Monroe, WI to Chicago, IL after i ordered? My parents even changed the credit card info and set my apartment as an "acceptable shipping location", as apple told me to do.

turk.o
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 12:28 PM

i'm getting a little miffed now. i ordered my edu cto (combo drive only change) on 8.18, plenty before many people here who now have their machines. i never made a single change after the initial order. damnit apple. i have always had a OOB of 10/29. apple needs to get it together.

t.o

ccrider
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2003, 02:22 PM

Ordered 2 dualies 2ghz on 7/23-

Checked last night, .. .nothin'

Came to work today..
Two G5's sitting in our lobby!!

Very impressed, I must say. One of the most beautiful machines I have ever seen. Incredibly quiet. The keyboard is a little weird. It has no border around the edge. Pretty clean design, though. I'm not sure how clean a white keyboard can stay with a few months of abuse.

Bumping the ram up to 2gb monday which, from what I'm hearing, really increases performance in FCP and AEP. Obviously ram makes a difference, but you really need a LOT to make a dramatic difference.

I'll let you know what happens monday! I'm loading it with all my apps as we speak!

ZnU
Sep 26, 2003, 04:03 PM

I called up Apple's NYC (SoHo) store yesterday to ask if they had duals in stock. They said they didn't, and they had no idea when they'd be getting any. They put me on the notification list. I was expecting I wouldn't be able to get one for probably a couple of weeks, but around 12:40 today they called up to say they had some, and they could keep one on hold for me until 7. Well, I was down there an hour later, and I'm now typing away at my shiny new G5!

This machine is replacing a G3/400, so I'm totally blown away by the speed, as I expected I would be. I haven't done anything too serious with it yet, though, as I'm still in the process of transferring my stuff over.

prnj1961
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 04:23 PM

I ordered a CTO dual 2 GHz G5 on July 16 (1 GB RAM, 250 GB HD, Radeon 9800 Pro) and it was listed as shipping on/before 9/25/03 from day one and that never waivered. It actually shipped on 9/24 and I received it on 9/25--interestingly, the FedEx guy told me that was "the best computer out there..." It is set up with a new 20+" Apple Cinema display which is just stunning and the computer is up and running and is a wonderful piece of engineering. For those who have mentioned that it isn't as fast as they were expecting, just wait for Panther--that's when things will really fly.

Peter
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2003, 04:30 PM

you know, with all these delays it makes you wonder why you shouldnt buy a powermac from an Apple Store and install the extra HD etc your self....
we don't have time to stop for gas

devmage
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2003, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by fhammond:
I got an email today from Apple saying that my dual 2Ghz has shipped! A pleasant surprise because the original shipping date was 10/10. I ordered through the ADC program on 8/28. It's a CTO configuration: 1GB RAM, 2 x 250GB HD, Bluetooth & Airport. No 9800 Pro card 'though, as only a couple Adobe products care about 3D.

fh
How evil I changed my 1.8Ghz order to a Dual 2.0 on 8/20 and I have an Official Ship Date of 10/30!

Mine is a CT0 Dual,512MB Ram, 160GB HD, BlueTooth, Radio 9600. Technically thats less of a change than yours! :b

Well I hope this means I'm going to get mine sooner than later.

Devmage

HodyOne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 05:43 PM

I ordered a dual G5 (Education, CTO: 250 GB HD, Radeon 9800) this monday Sept. 22 and was quoted a five week delivery date. It arrived today, Sept. 26th. So it looks like Apple is really catching up. If you don't have yours now, I imagine it's in the pipeline.

First impressions: I'm replacing a G4 867 which I thought felt pretty fast. A few hours with the dual feels like night and day. I'm running some benchmarks with some scientific software and I'll report back when I'm done.

Bbazzarrakk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 06:27 PM

My Dual 2 Gigs RAM, 250 Gigs HD, 9800 Pro, no modem/bluetooth/airport still hasn't budged, unfortuantely. I ordered 7/30 and my OOB date has always been 10/9. All these reports give me hope though, maybe I'm getting close...

Baz

brianosaurus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 06:30 PM

I ordered my dual 2G G5 on 6/26. Yes, June 26. something like 95 days ago.

my original ship date of 9/2 got bumped to 9/23. up until late afternoon on the 23rd it STILL said 9/23. Then it suddenly changed to 10/29. I am so annoyed. Its a CTO through the ADC program, and i did get the 9800 option, but I still feel a little screwed, given that people who ordered 2 months later than me have already received their machines.

I did check my credit card, and the "available credit" does seem to be about a G5 lower than it should be. My order status still lists a 10/29 date, but my shipping method has changed to Priority Overnight (from standard, or 2-day.. i forget which one i had selected). Maybe that's a sign?

Tiauguinho
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2003, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by HodyOne:
I ordered a dual G5 (Education, CTO: 250 GB HD, Radeon 9800) this monday Sept. 22 and was quoted a five week delivery date. It arrived today, Sept. 26th.

WOW!!! Now thats what i call a fast delivery. European stores say that it wil take 7 to 10 days to deliver the new Dual G5's, but i dont trust them. Ill wait until they come here and ill buy in a retailer. I surely hope that they start pumping out those Duals pretty fast! Im anxious to see photos and benchs from you guys!

_cpher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 12:31 AM

Agh. I ordered my unmodified Dual 2Ghz G5 on July 2nd and it was supposed to ship today. Apple just pushed the estimated ship date back another week.

spider610
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 12:47 AM

I ordered mine on August 1, the shipping date is 10/15. That day never change.

Why some people get their first and some don't?

PsiPhi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 08:51 AM

Oh man... My dualie is so close I can taste it! It "left FedEx sort facility" in Memphis this morning at 4:00am and is estimated to be here before noon. I am so stoked! I couldn't sleep last night so I got up at 6:30 to come to work and wait for my new favorite FedEx guy/gal! I'm so happy and excited that I don't even care that I'm at work at 7:45 AM on a Saturday.

Mmmm... Dual 2.0gHz G5... Serial ATA... mmmm...

(for those of you still waiting: my "on-or-before" never changed until the day it actually shipped but I did notice a day or so before hand that my shipping method mysteriously upgraded itself to priority overnight... Hang in there, guys - just think how happy you'll be when you finally get it!)
[email protected]
------------------
Nothing yet. Damn.

blade
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 09:14 AM

Order 7/1, still OOB 9/29.

Originally 8/29, moved back to 9/29 on the day of 8/29.

Dual 2Ghz
1GB RAM
250GB HD
ATI Radeon 9800

It's tough to hear so many people who ordered well after I did are getting theirs when I am not.

spider610
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 09:33 AM

BTW, I also order double drives, and prepare for disk striping. Is the disk utility come with OS X good enough to do this?

PsiPhi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 10:20 AM

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!

can't talk...

[email protected]
------------------
Nothing yet. Damn.

kms007
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 10:45 AM

Cool dealio! I also received my new Dual 2GHz yesterday (9/26) after being told my order would ship on or before October 7th. What an awesome surprise!

Here are some pics of my new Dualie.

Krishna
Creator of "The PC Weenies" Cartoon

kiloanimation
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 11:27 AM

Ordered 7/29 from appleStore.com. Received today. Dual 2ghz, added 512mb ram, otherwise stock. Finally.
( Last edited by kiloanimation; Sep 27, 2003 at 11:32 AM. )

CharD
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2003, 12:33 PM

Picked up my Dual G5 (standard config) at opening of new Apple Store in Seattle, Friday evening. Quite a scene, long lines waiting to get in and drop the big bucks (me included ). Had 10 Dual G5s in stock. Was in and out in 15 minutes. Funny/strange part was the cheers, clapping and good-natured shouting as I emerged from the store with the G5 in hand (this sucker is HEAVY!). Apple couldn't have scripted it better...excessive consumerism at its best.

Had G5 on order at my local Mac Store, from which I've purchased most of my previous and current Power Macs and PowerBooks. Feel a bit bad about not buying from them, but they just could not provide a delivery date or window (not their fault). But they will have no trouble selling "my" computer and they'll continue to get most of my other "mac" dollars.

Use the T-mode method to move data from the "old" Dual 800; works great but the G5 fans do power up to a major vacuum cleaner roar.

Today will pick up a SATA 250GB drive and move DV data to it and then finish up with more RAM.

Have not really used the G5 to do anything yet, but sure is snappy (and more RAM should only make it snappier).

To those awaiting their Duals - hang it there!

bojangles
Senior User
Sep 27, 2003, 06:44 PM

Ordered my dualie on 6/27—the first Mac the president has allowed into my currently Dell-based company since he inherited it in �93—and it still hasn’t shipped. Getting it through MacConnection (between the hardware and the software, I talked them down to over $1,000 less than the same deal from Apple!); they’re now saying sometime during the week of October 6.

I’m going to be recommending an eMac as part of our push to update the Parts Room (we’re hopefully getting a cordless UPC scanner, etc.), but after this, I wonder if the prez will go for it….
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never tell if they’re attributed to the right person.”
—Abraham Lincoln

macphotog
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 09:20 AM

I ordered mine the first day Apple was accepting orders and it arrived yesterday. Dual 2 Ghz processors with 2x250 with bluetooth but no Airport. I got the upgraded graphics card as well.

It is much quieter than I reckoned it would be and seems very fast. I am new to the Mac and am not sure what the button on the left side of the mouse is for.

I like the keyboard. It has a good feel to the touch. The mouse takes some getting used to. I saw Apple's cordless keyboard and mouse. That would be a nice option.

But the G5 is great. I have two Apple Pro speakers and no place to plug them in. A local dealer said I need an adapter from Griffin that costs $40, almost as much as the speakers. I may look for new speakers. Any recommendations?

spider610
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 12:47 PM

I may look for new speakers. Any recommendations?

Harman/Kardon soundsticks(with subwoofer) or JBL's Creature, Champagne or Invader are the commons.

Otherwise, you can also consider Revolution 7.1 card with a 6.1 speaker system anywhere to have much better sound experience.

You might also use the Toslink digital output that included in the G5 and output digital signals to have DTS or 5.1 sound.
( Last edited by spider610; Sep 28, 2003 at 12:58 PM. )

Leonis
Senior User
Sep 28, 2003, 12:59 PM

TDK's tremor speakers has the front grille just like G5s

This will match the G5 very nicely
MacPro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250GB + 160GB HDs, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook Pro 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM (from work)
MacBook (White) 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM

turk.o
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2003, 01:51 PM

email sent to [email protected] today:

"Hello,

I have been having some confusion with my pre-order of a PowerMac Dual 2Ghz, and I was hoping someone at Apple in a position to make decisions could look at the details of my situation. I have called to talk to reps at the 800 number, but i know that none of them are in the position to really help, so rather than harp on them, I am hoping this email will be read by someone who can help my problem.

Firstly, I am a loyal Apple customer and professional user (and also a student) who has been using Apples since my father brought one home when I was six years old (a Mac Plus). Since then I have used many Apple machines, and I credit Apple's wonderful hardware and software engineering with having a major influence on myself becoming a graphic designer and publisher. I generally upgrade twice every three years, and my current machine is a dual 1Ghz which replace a dual 450Mhz, and on August 18th I pre-ordered the new G5 Dual 2Ghz, which I am eagerly anticipating.

My web order # is W********. Ever since the day I placed my order my ship date has been listed as "On or before 10/29" which was acceptable as that was the end date of the advised range when I ordered the machine. However, since I ordered the range has decreased greatly and through sharing my experience with others I have found dozens of people who ordered their machines, weeks, and even a month, after mine who have earlier ship dates. In fact I know several people who ordered after me, some even in September, who have already received their machines! And all through this my ship date has not even budged a little bit. I am to expect, still, to not get my computer until the 29th of October?! If I placed a brand new order today on the Apple store I would get a ship date of October 7th! To all outward appearance it seems like Apple has either just forgotten about my order, and or just doesn't care about me as a customer at all. It is hard to explain the frustration I feel as the computers are shipped out to stores and many, many customers who ordered after I did, and yet still have no computer, and still see my ship date as "On or before 10/29". This is very poor communication from Apple, and something I have come to NOT expect until this situation. To add to my confusion My shipping method was switched to Priority Overnight, which I interpreted as gesture of thanks from Apple for pre-ordering and then accepting the delay in shipping, but then this morning I check my order status and while it was still marked as "On or before 10/29", but my shipping method was now 2-day. Aye!

In this last year alone I switched four people I know personally to Macs, holding their hands through the entire process (resulting in the purchase of a eMac, 2 PowerBook 12", and a Dual 1.42Ghz PowerMac) and am a Mac advocate in all my dealings. However this kind of experience is something that will sadly weigh against my enthusiasm when making my next recommendation.

Of course, what i want most is my new computer so I can actually start working on it, but the reason I am writing this email is Apple's poor communication with me, and apparent disregard of me as a loyal customer and Apple enthusiast. Simply: It is not right that people who order their machines today get a ship date weeks earlier than mine, and people who ordered weeks after me already have their machines. Thank you so much for your consideration in this matter."

had to do something instead of the nothing I have been doing, watching all these machines ship before mine.

t.o

kiloanimation
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 28, 2003, 09:40 PM

Se�or Turk.O-
I haven't heard of anyone that ordered through non-edu or non-ADC channels after mid August and have their dualies yet. Even though edu orders cost less, I wasn't suprised they shipped first trying to get in on the tail end of the new school year. Just remember it's only a tool, it's not going to change your life. I finally got mine yesterday after ordering July 29th. The concept I'm supposed to be coming up with (I'm a broadcast designer) remains elusive, the g5 didn't do anything but give me more horsepower. I was anxious to get mine but I think it was just another form of procrastination. If Apple really is juggling 100,000 orders I wouldn't expect a personal touch. I don't think any company could offer that. Just my 2�'s. Mine shipped 12 days earlier than my "on or before date" if that makes you feel any better. This response to your email to apple is just another form of procrastination, by the way, nothing personal.

turk.o
Forum Regular
Sep 28, 2003, 09:53 PM

kiloanimation,

yeah, procrastination big time, no doubt. as i said it is simply Apple's poor communication that has me a little ticked. it doesn't seem too much to ask for an accurate ship date, you know? oh, and if you check the boards here you will find several others who ordered even as late as september who have received there dualies, through normal, edu and adc channels. anyway, yeah, i can get anything done on my current dual gig, but doing 40x26 four color 300dpi photoshop images (350MB, 500mb with a bunch of layers) would sure as hell go a lot smoother on the g5--in the meantime i will be watching a lot of status bar photoshop action

t.o

bstone
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2003, 10:30 PM

On Friday he 26th we received a Dual G5 2.0ghz with the Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, 1GB of RAM and a huge HD. Finally it has arrived!!!!
P.S. Apple said the shipping date was 2nd week of October. hahaha.
Emergency Medicine & Urgent Care.

HodyOne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 29, 2003, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by HodyOne:
I ordered a dual G5 (Education, CTO: 250 GB HD, Radeon 9800) this monday Sept. 22 and was quoted a five week delivery date. It arrived today, Sept. 26th. So it looks like Apple is really catching up. If you don't have yours now, I imagine it's in the pipeline.

First impressions: I'm replacing a G4 867 which I thought felt pretty fast. A few hours with the dual feels like night and day. I'm running some benchmarks with some scientific software and I'll report back when I'm done.
I just found out that several people at my university have been waiting months for their dual G5's and haven't recieved them yet. As I said above, I ordered mine and got it the same week. Clearly there is something wierd going on at Apple. Hopefully all these backordered machines will be shipped soon.

striker100
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 29, 2003, 09:30 PM

I have one question, is there any particular configuration that's holding up dual G5's?

bojangles
Senior User
Sep 30, 2003, 06:46 AM

Welp, I got a call from MacConnection over the weekend. There was a problem with one of the numbers on the prez’s credit card; otherwise, my dualie would have shipped last week.

2×2-GHz processors
2.5 GB RAM
stock 160-GB HD
Radeon 9800
20" Cinema Display
free M$ Office X
$399 Macromedia Studio MX (free upgrade to MX 2004)
…and a whole bunch of other software and peripherals. They wanted to ship everything but the computer three months ago, but then we would have parted with the $$ three months ago and still wouldn’t have had any use for any of it. Bottom line: my dualie should arrive by Thursday.

Of course, I still have to wait another month for my Adobe Creative Studio Premium upgrade (pre-ordered yesterday), but at least that’s not based on processor production. Now if we can just convince Apple to give all G5 owners a free upgrade to Panther&#8230.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never tell if they’re attributed to the right person.”
—Abraham Lincoln

bojangles
Senior User
Sep 30, 2003, 01:51 PM

Got a call back from MacConnection today. My G5 (along with 99 others) arrived in a severely damaged container and none of them will even start up. Talk about your comedy of errors….

Anyway, they’ll be getting another 100 tomorrow and 800 more on Friday, so now it’s supposed to ship tomorrow. (I fought for an upgrade to overnight, but no word on that yet.)
—Abraham Lincoln

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by kiloanimation:
Se�or Turk.O-
I haven't heard of anyone that ordered through non-edu or non-ADC channels after mid August and have their dualies yet. Even though edu orders cost less, I wasn't suprised they shipped first trying to get in on the tail end of the new school year. Just remember it's only a tool, it's not going to change your life. I finally got mine yesterday after ordering July 29th. The concept I'm supposed to be coming up with (I'm a broadcast designer) remains elusive, the g5 didn't do anything but give me more horsepower. I was anxious to get mine but I think it was just another form of procrastination. If Apple really is juggling 100,000 orders I wouldn't expect a personal touch. I don't think any company could offer that. Just my 2�'s. Mine shipped 12 days earlier than my "on or before date" if that makes you feel any better. This response to your email to apple is just another form of procrastination, by the way, nothing personal.
Yeahhh right.

I ordered mine JULY 25th. Educational, dual, 1gig ram, 250HD, Radeon 9800, Bluetooth, Airport and HAVE NOT RECIEVED MINE YET.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jeebs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 09:15 PM

I ordered a dual 2 GHz from my a local independent shop (near Chicago) around August 10. The dealer notified me that it shipped on Saturday, Sept. 27. As of Thursday night, October 2, my dealer hasn't yet received it. Obviously, mine didn't ship via FedEx... if it really shipped at all.

bojangles
Senior User
Oct 3, 2003, 04:44 AM

Welp, they�ve supposedly given me the upgrade to overnight, but the 100 slated for Wednesday delivery still haven�t shown up. The story now is that that Apple has �guaranteed� MacConnection will receive 1,000 by the end of the week.

I�ll believe that when I see it.
—Abraham Lincoln

SlimHades
Oct 3, 2003, 04:23 PM

Still waiting over here, too (details in earlier post). Talked to ADC today to see if it was still on track for the ship date next Thursday. Apparently it's not in production yet but it could still happen. We'll see.

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Oct 3, 2003, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by SlimHades:
Still waiting over here, too (details in earlier post). Talked to ADC today to see if it was still on track for the ship date next Thursday. Apparently it's not in production yet but it could still happen. We'll see.
My CTO ordered 7/25. Ship date 10/6...Monday. Is it gonna happen, NO. Are they gonna send me something Monday telling me why, NO.

THE G5 IS HURTING APPLE MORE THAN IT IS HELPING. Loosing loyal customers is the worst thing for a company...

bojangles
Senior User
Oct 3, 2003, 06:20 PM

Woohoo! It shipped today! I�ll have it Monday! (knock wood�.)

Now if I could only afford to upgrade my home computer (beige G3/266)�.
—Abraham Lincoln

redcalx
Oct 3, 2003, 07:49 PM

You know... the funny thing is... apple sent me a delay email and then followed it up about 10 minutes later with a mass "G5 Powermacs: Now Shipping" email.

Apple has just about lost all of my respect now that they've messed up and delayed both my G5 and Powerbook 15" orders.

_cpher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 07:54 PM

Apple just bumped my ship date for the third time. It's been
9/02 -> 9/26 -> 10/03 -> 10/27. Each time (except the first, which was the drive doors thing?) it was bumped the day it was supposed to ship. If Apple can't provide accurate estimated ship dates, why do they at all?

SlimHades
Oct 3, 2003, 08:15 PM

redcalx and cpher, I agree 100%.

When I talk to these guys, it's hard not tell them that they're lucky Apple cut off the clone makers, because if there was anyone else I could buy a Mac from, I'd go with them instead. What a bunch of amateurs.

I got that "G5 Now Shipping" email and just about hit the roof, too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules