Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Mail.app: colorize folders?

Mail.app: colorize folders?
arnoz
Oct 28, 2006, 03:25 AM

Hey there,

Is there a way to colorize folders in the Mail application, like it is possible in the Finder? It's really cool to have one color for one kind of event: in the Finder, in iCal... but why not in Mail?
Any plug-in or hack to do that?

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2006, 03:29 PM

MailTags does a bunch of stuff, some of which results in color coding mails. Haven't used it, but have heard a number of people enjoy it.

arnoz  (op)
Oct 28, 2006, 03:41 PM

Alright, i'll try that. But i'm looking for an app that colorize the folders, not the mail (which Mail does perfeclty)
Thanks.

EDIT: This app only colorizes the mails, not the folders. It does it in a more advanced way that Mail.app, but i don't need to have colors for my messages. I just would like to colorize the folders.

Thanks anyway!
( Last edited by arnoz; Oct 28, 2006 at 04:20 PM. )

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2006, 05:48 AM

You could send the MailTags people feedback requesting folder colors, as they seem a nice functional add-on, and as you said, based on an existing Finder feature.

Independent software makers are more likely to respond and are faster to introduce new features than Apple. Has worked for me on more than one occasion

arnoz  (op)
Oct 29, 2006, 05:54 AM

Good idea, i'll try that! Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules