Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your resume

Your resume (Page 2)
kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2006, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Monique
Send this resume and tell me how many job offers you will get afterward I will tell you what to do.

Geez are you still filling these boards with your cryptic, senseless, grammatically incorrect drivel?

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2006, 03:35 PM

Send this resume and tell me how many job offers you will get afterward I will tell you what to do.
Actually I'm going to a career fair, where I'll hand out my resume to company reps. If they like me, they'll arrange an interview within the next few days, and then if I'm good enough, I'll go through another set of interviews, or I'll be offered a job. This is the first year they'll actually take me seriously, since no one cares about anyone less than a junior.
But Monique, you are the first person I'll go to for career advice

Monique
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer
Actually I'm going to a career fair, where I'll hand out my resume to company reps. If they like me, they'll arrange an interview within the next few days, and then if I'm good enough, I'll go through another set of interviews, or I'll be offered a job. This is the first year they'll actually take me seriously, since no one cares about anyone less than a junior.
But Monique, you are the first person I'll go to for career advice
You want them to hire you for what you can do, but it took me quite a while to know what you can do or not.

Even though you are going to a science fair your education should be placed on page 2. Plus tell the person more about your job qualifications. It is a fair so you will probably not speaking to the person very long and your resume has to do it for you. Your name is too big, 12 is enough and 11 for the body of your resume. They will not read it at the fair but at the office.

It is too crowded, it should be more airy and so easier to read.

I have 3 years experience on what a professional resume should look like, and I wrote some.

Monique
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by kmkkid
Geez are you still filling these boards with your cryptic, senseless, grammatically incorrect drivel?
Maybe you will understand this, go take your prozac, you have a stick up somewhere.

I have more experience than you on what to put on a resume and what it should look like.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2006, 03:52 PM

Even though you are going to a science fair your education should be placed on page 2.
Actually the very first thing we were told is to keep it to one page.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2006, 04:13 PM

Maybe you will understand this, go take your prozac, you have a stick up somewhere.
Point and case.

I have more experience than you on what to put on a resume and what it should look like.
You must be a professional psychic too, since you know nothing about what I do or have done. I fail to see how you have more experience than me concerning the english language (i.e. writing resumes), since every post of yours is incorrect in some manner.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 19, 2006, 04:14 PM

You should try your hardest to keep it all on one page, if it must go beyond that - make the second page your reference list.

Monique
Mac Elite
Sep 19, 2006, 04:16 PM

The important things, yes.

Even if you are presently a student, it is not the most important thing.

First, you should have a paragraph entitle Summary centre and bold. It should be about a maximum of 10 lines and it described what you can do like Am a professional sales person and have 10 years experience in dealing with the public and am able to supervise over 1,000 employees.

Second paragraph should sound like.

Am looking right now for a postion that will fully utilized all my experience and qualifications in sales.

Next header Skills and Qualification

Each paragraph should in details reflect your experience.

If your education is quite relevant, write it in your first paragraph, something like: Am presently a student at Harvard, specializing in criminal law and conducted seminars under the tutelage of Professor Smith.

On page 2

Employment profile (centre and bold)

Job title (bold) year worked (right align)
Place you work (just the name)
City and State you worked in (no phone number)

Education profile (center and bold)

Title of your diploma (bold) date right aligned 2001 - present
Name of the Institution

Volunteer profile

Every place you volunteer i.e.

Alter guild (bold) date right aligned
Name of the place

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR REFERENCES, no need to bother the people that are being your references.

Forum Links
Forum Rules