Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > PLL Config gone wrong on imac dv

PLL Config gone wrong on imac dv
Dex13
Mac Elite
Jun 25, 2004, 07:47 PM

I followed these instructions � Link

And I picked the simplest configuration, 500 MHz, where it only involved taking off one resistor.

I took it off out and put it on my workbench but the window was open and it was windy and the thing was so damn small it blew of my desk and is now gone, (I looked for 2 hours). So I panicked for a while and kept hitting my head against the table. I then remembered that some guy was called crazy in emac overclk thread for connecting the resistor points w/ lead � bingo! So I the 500 Mhz config first but it didn't work i just got a plz restart my computer at the startup screen �� so I erased the lead and put the config for 400 Mhz � and it worked and I am talking to you now � the thing is now I know I lost the resistor is there any need to replace my lead one? It only seems the resistors are only used at startup and wouldn't really affect my computer after that, and If I would need another one then where could I purchase one?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jul 1, 2004, 07:19 AM

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Having said that, theres a good chance that your lead connections will not last as long as a resistor would, so you may have to keep drawing them back on periodically.

I'm sure Radio Shack can sell you any resistor you might want.

Forum Links
Forum Rules