Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Does DL2 meet your expectations / dreams ?

View Poll Results: Does DL2 meet your expectations / dreams ?
Poll Options:
Great. Truly a great step forward. 5 votes (17.86%)
Does not deserve to be called v.2. It's more like DL1.5 7 votes (25.00%)
Still feels like a public Beta. 13 votes (46.43%)
I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. Going back to DL1 4 votes (14.29%)
Can't wait for DL3 to fix what was promised for DL2. 3 votes (10.71%)
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Does DL2 meet your expectations / dreams ?
turtle777
Clinically Insane
May 31, 2008, 03:53 PM

So, after we all had a chance to discover DL2's bugs awesomeness, what do you think about this release ?

cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2008, 04:30 PM

I voted "Still feels like a public Beta." But I could just as easily have picked "I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. Going back to DL1". In my case I don't have a choice, DL2 won't import my library so I'm stuck with DL1.
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 31, 2008, 04:35 PM

I actually enabled multiple votes, so you can pick more than one choice.

-t

LazarusLong
May 31, 2008, 05:32 PM

Notwithstanding all the whining in this forum, I think it was worth the wait. Some of my favorite features are:

-Spotlight and Quicklook integration
-Applescript Library
-Performance! I have close to 800 items in my library. The difference between DL 2 and DL 1 is amazing.
-Much improved scanning. Scanning and lookups are about as fast as I can scan things in
-Smart shelves

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 31, 2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
Notwithstanding all the whining in this forum, I think it was worth the wait. Some of my favorite features are:

-Spotlight and Quicklook integration
-Applescript Library
-Performance! I have close to 800 items in my library. The difference between DL 2 and DL 1 is amazing.
-Much improved scanning. Scanning and lookups are about as fast as I can scan things in
-Smart shelves
I agree, those things are nice features.

But, to be honest, most of them are just improvements over the old version.

-t

CaptainHaddock
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 1, 2008, 07:04 AM

There are so many bugs that prevent basic functionality from working, plus the fact that some changes are actually a step backward, that I chose the "public beta" option.

ignipotentis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2008, 11:36 AM

My library imported, but I am unable to search on all of the important items (like genre and star). I was really looking forward to some of the extra features, but they aren't worth giving up the basics. Once this gets back on track, I'm looking forward to some TiVo like swivel search functionality (new feature request).

turtle777  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jun 3, 2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ignipotentis View Post
My library imported, but I am unable to search on all of the important items (like genre and star).
I haven't tried that yet.

Would be nice though if the search worked on custom fields as well. Did anyone try this ?

-t

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Jun 3, 2008, 12:22 PM

If we consider the amount of hype that was generated last year, the 8 month delay, the silence from Wil/Delicious Monster during this 8 month wait, the promises, and the final feature set, this release is a huge disappointment.

Like many have said, the 2.0 features are simply aesthetic and performance improvements that, IMO, should have been free. There are very little *new* features that are worth the upgrade price.

But that's not to say DL2 isn't good...it's actually quite good. But it's just a faster and beautified/refined DL1.

Zoe Smith
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2008, 12:41 PM

I like DL2, I like the new features, etc.. but I hate that info pane, and it's still so buggy

I can't scan things in easily with my cue:cat, and that's such an annoying thing because it works perfectly in DL1 - things are supposed to improve. I'm gonna stick with it though, and hope that fixes are released soon. It doesn't feel that different to the beta in quality though, with the bugs. It's so pretty and useful though, I don't want to give up on it just yet.

milhouse
Senior User
Jun 4, 2008, 06:00 PM

Seems to work ok for me.
"-Dodge This"

Forum Links
Forum Rules