Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > InDesign (2 & CS) to PDF Problem

InDesign (2 & CS) to PDF Problem
turk.o
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2003, 09:19 PM

I am having a very weird problem with InDesign, and I've had it for awhile but I finally am trying to get some help.

When i export an InDesign document that has a bitmap image in it to a press or print quality PDF it exports it, but somehow changes the solid black to an 91% fill. i have double checked everything i can think of, and the image is definitely 100% solid black in inDesign and when i open the PDF in photshop, it is 91% and it drives me crazy. the same thing happens in both 2.0.2 and CS (3.0).

for a sample of the 91% problem download either of these PDFs here:

http://www.crimethinc.com/downloadsready/ftaa.html

some insight into what is going on would be appreciated.

godzookie2k
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2003, 09:34 PM

I don't use ID if I can avoid it, but I've never had the problem, you might want to double check your color settings, or try making your bitmaps four color blacks.

straightedge
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2003, 10:33 PM

this is most likely a problem with the PS color setting you are using. Your blacks stay 100% on the files I downloaded and checked in acrobat and Photoshop

Forum Links
Forum Rules