Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ghz 15in Modem Malfunction :brick:

Ghz 15in Modem Malfunction :brick:
designerBrent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2003, 03:05 PM

Hey,

Just got my first mac on Friday, a 1Ghz 15inch Powerbook. I love it!

Anyway, I am switching from a D*ll Laptop and it had a feature that it notified me when a call was coming in if I was connected to the internet. While I was setting up the dial up on my PowerBook, I noticed a similar feature... I says "Notify me of incoming calls while connected to the Internet". I checked that and started using the internet. I had a friend try and call me and realized that it didn't work. So I called Apple and they had me reset some things in the OpenFrimware and then create a new location but it still didn't work! The next guy had me create a new user and try that but it didn't work either. Then he said I might need to reinstall the OS. I really don't want to do that!

I was wondering if there is anything else that I could try. The Apple tech's said that my phone line must not support that, but it works for my Dell laptop just fine.

Thanks for any clues...

Brent

Forum Links
Forum Rules