Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > How to transfer files to Nokia 3650 via bluetooth?

How to transfer files to Nokia 3650 via bluetooth?
ooagentbender
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2003, 03:00 PM

I was told you can transfer files to the Nokia 3650 through bluetooth now. I have a twelve inch with 10.2.6 on it and I was wondering how?

Thanks

Quinn
May 27, 2003, 07:57 AM

Originally posted by ooagentbender:
I was told you can transfer files to the Nokia 3650 through bluetooth now. I have a twelve inch with 10.2.6 on it and I was wondering how?

Thanks
Open the Bluetooth File Exchange app. in the Utilities Folder. Or use the 'Send File to Bluetooth Device' menu item in Services, when in the Finder.

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
May 27, 2003, 08:46 AM

Keep the Bluetooth File Exchange app in your dock - then you can drag files to it - this will start a transfer to the device you choose.

mikerally
Senior User
May 27, 2003, 02:16 PM

If you have the Bluetooth menu in the top right hand corner of you screen (alongside the volume and such), just go to that and choose "Send File..."

I have exchanged many files with my 3650 and 12 inch Powerbook.

P.S. Apart from exhanging JPEG images and such, if you send SIS or JAR files to your phone you can install new apps without the Nokia PC Suite, you can also send MPEG4 files made in Quicktime and they will play back on your phone.

Forum Links
Forum Rules