Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread!

Official 'New Powerbook Order Status' Thread! (Page 9)
bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 01:21 AM

Originally posted by paulvt:
We are an Apple retailer in Canada and have had the 15" models in stock since Tuesday. . .
Have any idea about the delay for the french canadian kb?

Cheers!
this lounge is a poor substitute to the bbq.

bonk
Sep 30, 2003, 08:49 AM

I got an email that my 17" has shipped! Now it's my turn to deal with Airborne ......

gsingh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 09:08 AM

Finally out for Delivery today. Lets see if the driver can find my house this time.

jslacker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 09:45 AM

Finally arrived! Ordered a stock 15" on the 22nd, delivered this morning... and of course I have work and school all day so I won't even get to see it until tonight... my first mac ever.

I'm in Florida, US of A

- joel

gsingh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 11:03 AM

Finally its here. I am going home during lunch to pick it up. I will let you guys know how it goes and hopefully no problems with it..

Wish me luck..

bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by gsingh:
Finally its here. I am going home during lunch to pick it up. I will let you guys know how it goes and hopefully no problems with it..

Wish me luck..

Be sure to write about the experience! And your impressions! I wanna know everything!

I can't wait anymore! Aaaahhhhrrrgghhh...

Me wants me powerbook... *dribbles*

dcsmrgun
Sep 30, 2003, 12:45 PM

Hey guys, anyone here live in an apartment complex? I just realized I'm at work all day. Does Airborne retry delivery, or will they drop it off at my leasing office? I can just call my leasing office to drop it off inside my apartment, whereas I doubt I can take any time off to actually sit around and wait for airborne to show up.

Also: Why do I not realize that its absolutely pointless to visit apple's order status page every 10 minutes. The info's not going to change!

aapljack
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 30, 2003, 12:48 PM

If they don't leave it with your apartment's office, you could try calling Airborne and having it redelivered to your work the next day. I know this is risky business (we are talking about Airborne Express), but it is worth a shot and you would get you PB sooner!

-b

gsingh
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by bobette:
Be sure to write about the experience! And your impressions! I wanna know everything!

I can't wait anymore! Aaaahhhhrrrgghhh...

Me wants me powerbook... *dribbles*
Hi,
Got my Powerbook .. So far I dont see any dead pixels or the latch problem. Lets keep our fingers crossed. But this machine is amazing. Much better than the 15" TiBook. I can only stress dont cancel your orders.. These machines are worth the wait.

bobette
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2003, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by gsingh:
Hi,
Got my Powerbook .. So far I dont see any dead pixels or the latch problem. Lets keep our fingers crossed. But this machine is amazing. Much better than the 15" TiBook. I can only stress dont cancel your orders.. These machines are worth the wait.

Aaahh I knew these were boss.

Just can't wait. Although I do like my TiBook, road warrior with paint chipped like crazy...

kenshin27
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 03:58 PM

Ordered a PBG4 1.25/80GB 5400rpm/1x512MB/SuperDrive through the edu store on 9/22. Originally slated to ship on or before 9/29. Now moved back to 10/6. =p My 20GB iPod shipped from Shanghai on 9/25 and still hasn't gotten here (East Coast US) yet. Grrrr......

dcsmrgun
Sep 30, 2003, 04:28 PM

It's here!! And only two days after I ordered it!!

Naw just kidding. Still scheduled to ship on/before 10/6. I got another email from Apple today though, stating pretty much what my order confirmation said, just laid out differently.

If I had known Apple wouldn't charge my card until the shipped, I would have ordered this a week earlier and probably would have been expecting delivery soon

rizen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2003, 10:13 PM

Originally posted by pptiger:
I ordered a 15" powerbook with a 10GB ipod and a HP printer on 9/26. The printer arrived Saturday morning at 9:00 (FedEx). But powerbook will be shipped on or before 10/03, and the shipping date for ipod is 10/07 or earlier. well, who believe they will ship earlier?. That's a long wait! I bought it through education discount.
what! i ordered my 10gb ipod on 9/25 with the education discount as well, and had the original ship date of 9/30, its now been moved to 10/9

Sandbaggins
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 06:40 AM

Ok, so I check my order status for the frigteenth time tonight and boom! I get the much desired "shipped". Click on it and I get sent to Airballexpress.com...

TRACKING RESULTS: SUMMARY

This Tracking Number could not be displayed. Please see specific error below.

bastards!
15" 1.25/512/80/5400/SD/AE Aluminum Powerbook

PrettyBoyClone
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 07:45 AM

Did anyone in Europe get their new PowerBook yet?
I'm waiting for some 15" AlBooks...

tumblemonster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 10:11 AM

Woke up this morning to find a Shipment notification in my inbox!! WHOOO HOOOO!! It shipped two days before the date shown! I paid for expres shipping, so I might get it before the weekend!

-tm

PowerMatt
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 10:35 AM

I finally received shipment notification after my ship on date was bumped to 10/7. But when I enter the tracking information, I get the info for some guy named Bill. I hope Bill doesn't get my PowerBook.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

MacFreak
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 12:29 PM

PowerMatt, same thing happened to me...but my tracking number at airborne says that the shipment was received on 8/22/03 and weighed 3 lbs...so they must be re-using tracking numbers? Don't know...

I also saw in my shipment notification that you are supposed to check in 12 to 24 hours, so hopefully the info at airborne will be updated by then...

mwelty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 12:44 PM

When did everyone here who got "Delayed Shipment" emails receive them? Was it the day of original shipment date? A prior day?

The reason I ask is that today (10/1/2003) is my scheduled ship-by date. Still no shipment notification, but there is still no "Delayed Shipment" notice either.

Just curious if I should still refresh the order status with adolescent fervor or not?

PowerMatt
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 01:20 PM

I just checked again and now I have no tracking information. If 24 hours go by and I still have no/inaccurate tracking information, I might make a few calls. I used to really like Airborn, but after the merger, they are utter compost.

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 03:59 PM

Matt, Airborne regurgitates their tracking numbers very quickly. That, coupled with the approx. 36 hours it takes for the PB to get to the States from Taiwan (you are in the States, yes?), plus another 24 hours or so to clear customs means your number won't work for your PB for a while yet.

Annoying, isn't it?

pptiger
Oct 1, 2003, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by machem:
Matt, Airborne regurgitates their tracking numbers very quickly. That, coupled with the approx. 36 hours it takes for the PB to get to the States from Taiwan (you are in the States, yes?), plus another 24 hours or so to clear customs means your number won't work for your PB for a while yet.

Annoying, isn't it?
Apple notified me this morning my powerbook is on the way. Does that mean I can have it in hand 36+24=60 hours later?

pptiger
Oct 1, 2003, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by mwelty:
When did everyone here who got "Delayed Shipment" emails receive them? Was it the day of original shipment date? A prior day?

The reason I ask is that today (10/1/2003) is my scheduled ship-by date. Still no shipment notification, but there is still no "Delayed Shipment" notice either.

Just curious if I should still refresh the order status with adolescent fervor or not?
What model did you order? I ordered a 15" pb 1GHz on 9/26. The shipping date they gave me then was on or before 10/03, but today Apple told they shipped it!

pptiger
Oct 1, 2003, 06:28 PM

What model did you order? I ordered a 15" pb 1GHz on 9/26. The shipping date they gave me then was on or before 10/03, but today Apple told me is was shipped!

Podolsky
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by mwelty:

same here - today my shipping date for a 17" but no news one way or the other. I just called apple and they could only tell me that mine was coming from Sacremento......that can't be bad right?

machem
Forum Regular
Oct 1, 2003, 06:50 PM

pptiger, here is how my travails went:

9/23 (Monday) 12:15 AM or so: Order Status says "SHIPPED 9/22". Get tracking no. for Airborne. Remember that Taiwan is about 12 hours ahead, so 9/22 is really 9/23.

T/N shows up, but essentially just registers package info.
9/24 (Tuesday) midday: T/N shows "Picked up at shippers door Taiwan".

9/25 (Wednesday) Someone at Apple told me it cleared customs (late Wed/early Thurs). At this point the T/N shows some useful information, i.e. Arrival at L.A. facility.

9/26 (Thursday) no new information.

9/27 (Friday) I determine I will get it today, but only because I'm obsessive and glean info from other tracking nos. at 7:00 AM, information on my package starts showing up, including "Out for Delivery", in almost real-time.

I got the package at 10:00 AM.

HTH

pptiger
Oct 1, 2003, 08:18 PM

pptiger, here is how my travails went:

9/23 (Monday) 12:15 AM or so: Order Status says "SHIPPED 9/22". Get tracking no. for Airborne. Remember that Taiwan is about 12 hours ahead, so 9/22 is really 9/23.

T/N shows up, but essentially just registers package info.
9/24 (Tuesday) midday: T/N shows "Picked up at shippers door Taiwan".

9/25 (Wednesday) Someone at Apple told me it cleared customs (late Wed/early Thurs). At this point the T/N shows some useful information, i.e. Arrival at L.A. facility.

9/26 (Thursday) no new information.

9/27 (Friday) I determine I will get it today, but only because I'm obsessive and glean info from other tracking nos. at 7:00 AM, information on my package starts showing up, including "Out for Delivery", in almost real-time.

I got the package at 10:00 AM.

HTH
machem,

Thank you very much! Hmm, so I am 4 days away with my powerbook. The longest 4 days in my life so far.

slider
Mac Elite
Oct 1, 2003, 08:26 PM

Well, it was suppose to ship today, but I got a noticed saying it was now it won't ship 'til 10/10. That blows.

mwelty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 1, 2003, 10:00 PM

Well, the notice finally came. Delayed until 10/10/03. :-(

I sold my other computer on eBay to help finance this. Looks like I'm at least 10 days out from having a computer. AT LEAST!!

dcsmrgun
Oct 1, 2003, 10:23 PM

I can only hope that Apple gets enough bad feedback regarding Airborne that they reconsider using them. Honestly, I'd pay an extra $20 to get my system in a timely manner..

Also: 10/6 scheduled, still no word either way.

Stuphalina
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2003, 07:34 AM

Stick with it guys. I had to wait about 2 weeks, but when it came, it was the best thing in the world. I would like to say it was like Christmas, but I don't celebrate it.
It will all be over soon and then you will forget every bad thing you thought about apple.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

PowerMatt
Senior User
Oct 2, 2003, 09:44 AM

Annoying, isn't it?
Yes. This is absolutely my last online Apple Store order. I had a presentation on monday that I had to give on a PC running Office 97. I ordered right away so that I would be able to use Keynote and those awesome quicktime transitions.

bonk
Oct 2, 2003, 09:46 AM

Mine's "out for delivery"

Dual 500 G4 :: 576mb :: 180gb (120+40+20)
17" PB G4 1.33 gHz :: 1gb :: 80 gb @ 5400rpm

dennis88
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 09:54 AM

I got mine on wed. and it's perfect!
I just love it!

I have innstaled 1024mb ram on it, and it's ultra fast!
All the wait is damn worth it, and then some.

pptiger
Oct 2, 2003, 10:01 AM

Yeah! Apple shipped my ipod (originally 10/07) today. I know it takes some time for airborne to update the tracking number, once it updates it, will the information be real-time?

Thanks,

bonk
Oct 2, 2003, 10:04 AM

I think they're tracking is good once it's in the US, otherwise you won't have a clue where it's at.
Dual 500 G4 :: 576mb :: 180gb (120+40+20)
17" PB G4 1.33 gHz :: 1gb :: 80 gb @ 5400rpm

tumblemonster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2003, 01:17 PM

I got a tracking number with too many digits! It' doesn't fit in the tracking number window. When I try to use it, it give me an error. What's the deal?

-tm

bobette
Mac Elite
Oct 2, 2003, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by tumblemonster:
I got a tracking number with too many digits! It' doesn't fit in the tracking number window. When I try to use it, it give me an error. What's the deal?

-tm
"One of these days I gotta get myself organizized."

Travis Bickle, Taxi Driver

Geez, wonder if he's into shipping nowadays?

Blackstealth
Oct 2, 2003, 02:47 PM

Ordered my 1.25Ghz, 60Gb, Combo, 2x256Mb on the 17th from the UK Edu store. Supposed to ship on the 25th. Got this in my e-mail this morning...

Dear Apple Store Customer,

Thank you for choosing the Apple Store.

With reference to your recent order, we apologise for the delay that you
have experienced in receiving this order. We plan to ship your order in the
second week of October.

This delay is due to a stock constraint and, while we regret any
inconvenience that this might have caused you, we will do our best to try
and despatch these items as soon as possible.

If we receive any update on your order, we will contact you immediately.

We appreciate your business and would like to apologise in advance
for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The Apple Store

@ho
Oct 2, 2003, 06:34 PM

I order my pb 15 sd from macmall the same day of steve keynote and it has been delay several times, last time I called they offer me some black dvd, I just check the status on their web site and it says ON WAREHOUSE, I dont think I will be able to sleep waiting for tomorrow.
This is good news it seems they had some in stock but return to apple due to defective ones. Hope this one is fine

Waveman
Oct 2, 2003, 10:05 PM

Yeah! Apple shipped my ipod (originally 10/07) today. I know it takes some time for airborne to update the tracking number, once it updates it, will the information be real-time?

Thanks,
Yes, if you allow for relativistic time-dilation effects. Meaning: you'll know when you're going to get it when it arrives.

NYGEO18
Forum Regular
Oct 2, 2003, 10:53 PM

I am just so disappointed in the delivery status of my powerbook. I have been tapping my feet and surfing the web looking for apple sites just ANTSY in anticipation of my new mac. Alas I am now subjested to another 12 days of misery....and it all cost $1600!!! What a DEAL! I am calling tomorrow to blast them for the delay...and to ask for panther, and whatever else they can give me for the hold up.
Any ideas on how to approach this best?
Thanks,
G

dcsmrgun
Oct 2, 2003, 11:08 PM

Well I'm officially $1822 poorer, so I guess I should be expecting my shipping notice any day now. Hopefully it gets to my door before the G5 powerbooks come out

mattcass
Oct 3, 2003, 02:03 AM

For everyone waiting for their orders, any of you have it bumped back a second time? I originally ordered my Powerbook/ipod on the 19th of september and it was supposed to ship by the 26th. My ipod got shipped on the 25th and got here on the 29th. But my powerbook got bumped back to October 3rd (tomorrow) and it's still open! It better ship or I'm gonna freak.

tumblemonster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 02:12 AM

Ok, this is starting to piss me off... I called Apple today about my broken tracking number. The very helpful woman on the other end made some calls, and suddenily my tracking information was available on the site. She did some other stuff, like making a shipment inquiry and whatnot, and then gave me a case number.

I get home and once again, my tracking number does not work....

Grrrrrrr.....

-tm

pptiger
Oct 3, 2003, 12:00 PM

Apple informed me my powerbook was shipped on 10/01, but today (10/03) I still cannot find any information with the tracking number they gave me on airborne's website. Is that normal? Because someone told me it only takes 36 hours to ship from Taiwan to US and after the item arrives US, they will update information on their website.

Thanks.

MacFreak
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 3, 2003, 12:58 PM

Apple informed me my powerbook was shipped on 10/01, but today (10/03) I still cannot find any information with the tracking number they gave me on airborne's website. Is that normal? Because someone told me it only takes 36 hours to ship from Taiwan to US and after the item arrives US, they will update information on their website.

Thanks.
pptiger,

This was mentioned earlier in the thread...you can track the shippers way bill number (provided on one of your shipment e-mails) to see the shipment move from Taiwan to the US. Once it has cleared customers (24 hours), you should be able to track with the tracking number you were provided by Apple.

My order cleared customs today (10/3), but per Airborne, I won't be able to track it using the Apple supplied tracking number for 24 hours...

dcsmrgun
Oct 3, 2003, 01:27 PM

Does Airborne keep Saturday or Sunday business hours? I as because I'm guessing they're getting ready to ship my Al from Taiwan to the USA, but I'm guessing it won't happen until tomorrow at earliest -- Saturday. I don't expect them to deliver to my house on the weekend, but what are the odds that they're actually making industrial shipments with crates of powerbooks?

pptiger
Oct 3, 2003, 02:31 PM

Oh, I just found it! My powerbook arrived at Chicago this morning! Hahahaha.

Thank you!

Originally posted by MacFreak:
pptiger,

This was mentioned earlier in the thread...you can track the shippers way bill number (provided on one of your shipment e-mails) to see the shipment move from Taiwan to the US. Once it has cleared customers (24 hours), you should be able to track with the tracking number you were provided by Apple.

My order cleared customs today (10/3), but per Airborne, I won't be able to track it using the Apple supplied tracking number for 24 hours...
Thank you, MacFreak. Could you please give me more information on how to use the bill number to track? Which website should I go? Sorry, I tried but couldn't figure it out.
( Last edited by pptiger; Oct 3, 2003 at 02:50 PM. )

RealMac
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 3, 2003, 02:44 PM

My order is supposed to ship on or before today, 10/3. I haven't been charged for it yet. Patience...
It is in the moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
www.therealmac.net
MBA Graduate, Creative Thinker, Nice Guy

Forum Links
Forum Rules