Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > What happened to PHPiCalendar?

What happened to PHPiCalendar?
Oneota
Professional Poster
May 4, 2005, 04:24 PM

Did the developers all fall off the face of the earth at once? Their site, http://phpicalendar.net, has been "willingly offline" for quite awhile now.

Anyone have the story here? Xeo, you used to be a developer on this project - any insights?
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
May 4, 2005, 05:32 PM

I searched Macupdate and there was a post to 2.0b, which was released Oct 2004...nothing from them since. Kinda sad as I was looking into this for a calendar site that my family could use and modify at will on their own machines.
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

larkost
Mac Elite
May 4, 2005, 06:32 PM

Their server was hacked, and until the guy got around to cleaning it and securing it he was not going to bring it back online. In the mean time the project is still going (check the mailing list and CVS), but slowly.

LeeG
Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2005, 06:54 PM

Does anyone know if it is Tiger compatible? I can't see why not if it just runs under PHP, but I have not reinstalled it since I upgraded, and now the website seems to be toast.

L
iPhone 3G 16Gb
24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 4GB/320GB/256MB
12" AlBook 1Ghz/768Mb/80Gb/Combo/AX

Forum Links
Forum Rules