Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Looking for iPod touch/iPhone App

Looking for iPod touch/iPhone App
Oneota
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2010, 04:05 PM

Hello all,

So, with 140,000 apps out there, it's becoming tough to find what I'm looking for, and I'm hoping maybe someone just knows the name of an app that'll do what I need.

I'm looking for an app that has large-ish buttons (maybe 4-6 per screen) that can be programmed to play sound effects. I've got a pit orchestra gig coming up, and while I can program sound effects into my synth, it'll be easier if I can just assemble them into my iTunes library and trigger them from my iPod touch (running into my synth as a line-in device).

I don't want to just setup a playlist, because that'll be too small to trigger when I'm in the middle of playing the synth and I don't want to deal with the possibility of triggering the wrong song, or it moving on to the next track, etc, etc.

Is there an app for this?
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 21, 2010, 04:11 PM

I found two possible apps that could work for you (they both claim to be customizable):

MiMusic for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Center Stage - Bring Out the Star In You

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 21, 2010, 04:27 PM

Oneota  (op)
Professional Poster
Feb 21, 2010, 07:58 PM

Thanks, guys! Kill All Sound Boards looks to be the closest to my needs, though it has some cockamamie import procedure rather than just using your iPod's music library.

Thanks again!
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules