Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Oops -- Guy pokes his elbow through $140 million painting

Oops -- Guy pokes his elbow through $140 million painting (Page 2)
Tiresias
Oct 19, 2006, 12:54 PM

>Now, this guy has $140 million to spare...

Your logic is intriguing.

If it's Steve Cohen who's buying the painting for $140 million, then isn't it Steve Cohen who has got $140 million to spare? Isn't it probably Steve Wynn who needs/wants $140 million? Hasn't he just lost the $48 million he payed for the painting in 2001? Or more, if you go by what he could've got for it?

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Oct 19, 2006, 04:29 PM

If I ever become rich enough to own something like that, I will keep a plexiglass case around it so stupid crap like that does not happen.

That guy is a moron in my eyes. It's funny how some rich people don't know how to appreciate stuff.
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Rumor
Oct 19, 2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by drnkn_stylz View Post
If I ever become rich enough to own something like that, I will keep a plexiglass case around it so stupid crap like that does not happen.

That guy is a moron in my eyes. It's funny how some rich people don't know how to appreciate stuff.
Dude, he's legally blind!
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2006, 05:44 PM

BTW, if anyone wants to own a painting like that, I reckon I could knock up a nearly identical one for ya in my shed for the measly sum of $50m.

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Oct 19, 2006, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
Dude, he's legally blind!

LOL! All the more reason to take my advice then!
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

marden
Baninated
Oct 19, 2006, 06:57 PM

Wynn: *subconscious thought* "Damn these failing eyes of mine! If I can't enjoy beauty NO ONE WILL!"
Could this add to the history and the legend of a painting and ultimately (POSSIBLY?) increase it's value?

Oneota
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2006, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
I'm going to say he was intoxicated when he painted it.
Well, maybe he was just too distracted by the woman clubbin' her nubbin in front of him to think straight.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

Forum Links
Forum Rules