Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > .asp scripting

.asp scripting
ironknee
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2007, 07:55 PM

hi all

i know nothing about asp except that microsoft created it and it's like php.

we have a possible new client who may insist on asp instead of php to be used on their website.

is there a place to find asp programmers to work on this project if it comes through? and what is the going rate $ for them?

thanks for any insights

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 19, 2007, 08:30 AM

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

ironknee  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2007, 09:33 PM

thanks big mac

turns out the client doesn't care (or doesn't know) what platform the site lives on so we're going linux...whew

thanks again

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jul 20, 2007, 01:32 AM

No problem (I really didn't give much info ); glad your client isn't insistent on proprietary solutions. Of everything M$ produces, I actually kind of like ASP because sites that use it do seem to be able to provide pretty rich functionality. However, there's nothing there that cannot be done with PHP or Ruby, to my knowledge.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Forum Links
Forum Rules