Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My Two Fathers

My Two Fathers
Mithras
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 08:49 PM

You guys see this video yet?

Two Fathers

It's a Dutch kid singing about his two fathers on some tweeners music show. It's pretty cool.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2006, 08:54 PM

There's a crack about MJ lurking here somewhere

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2006, 09:47 PM

thats really cool. thank you for sharing Mithras. great message in that song

DBursey
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 10:01 PM

Cute.

I have two as well. One ten years gone, the other found a few weeks ago. Haven't spoken to him yet, but a few emails.

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Oct 14, 2006, 10:32 PM

nope.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 14, 2006, 10:45 PM

You forgot to capitalize the N.

HungrySeacow
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2006, 01:05 AM

Really heartfelt. Thanks
YummySoup! - Recipe management and sharing at its best!

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2006, 02:02 AM

Nice song, nice sentiment from the kid, but I continue to believe that two males or two females raising a child is not as nature intended and cannot be completely healthy.

I have nothing against gays or gay couples, but children need to have both a male and a female parent and role-models in the household. Of course teasing and bullying a kid for it is not right and should be corrected, but I don't think that particular message is appropriate for an audience of pre-pubecent children.

I certainly wouldn't let my kids:

A.) Bully other kids because they're gay or they have gay parents or

B.) Go to such a concert only to confuse them further about topics they shouldn't be talked to about yet.

I don't mean to start a flame war, as this is my honest, unhateful opinion, but I know that some of you will have a problem with that, too.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2006, 02:41 AM

Racist

PB2K
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2006, 03:26 AM

i knew a friend whose parents announced they were both gay, would divorce and live together with their friends. he was 12 years old back then.

it took him a long while to get accustomed to it, and perhaps he never really did. he quite often asked me what i thought about it, and i answered him that it was none of my business how people live together. he once asked if i could imagine his father having sex with his boyfriend, that it disgusted him. i told him i didn't like to think about my own (undivorced) parents having sex either

i have to say his mother was a bitch of a woman. really unfriendly towards men. His father was ok, his boyfriend was a nice man as well, he told me they were friends for about 20 years now, but had never lived together. that surprised me.

this dutch kid singing about his 2 dads sure is brave. i'm happy to live in a country where this (still) is possible.

(i was getting very disappointed with all the news about ill assimilating immigrants, pedophiles political parties, political assassinations and disgusting television programs) Holland is still about windmills, clogs and cheese you know !
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2006, 03:30 AM

Honestly, I think children that age know what being gay is, and there's nothing wrong with a song whose message is toleration. It makes me sad that he's teased about his parents; when it comes to teasing, you can't do much worse than making fun of a kid's parents' sexual proclivities.

Forum Links
Forum Rules