Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > More Obama horseplay

More Obama horseplay
besson3c
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2014, 07:35 PM

Why do we let him get away with things like this?

17 Times Obama Did Things We Absolutely Do Not Agree With

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2014, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Why do we let him get away with things like this?

17 Times Obama Did Things We Absolutely Do Not Agree With
Brother, we already have a thread documenting Obama's follies, on issues that actually matter.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 10, 2014, 09:15 PM

I know, I'm just adding to the list. Plus, these are funnier than Banghazi, ebola, Obamacare, and other stuff.

reader50
Administrator
Oct 10, 2014, 11:36 PM

Plus, these are funnier than Banghazi, ebola, Obamacare, and other stuff.
I missed the Banghazi one. What was it about?

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2014, 12:12 AM

If you guys didn't ban Abe he could have told you all about Benghazi. Shaddim probably knows some celebrity that has the inside scoop too, like maybe Justin Beiber.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2014, 12:26 AM

If you guys didn't ban Abe he could have told you all about Benghazi. Shaddim probably knows some celebrity that has the inside scoop too, like maybe Justin Beiber.
You ok, brother? That's seems a little obsessive and nutty even for you.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2014, 09:19 AM

Mind your own beeswax. The irony, this coming from Tintin's dog.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2014, 04:20 PM

Shit, seems like Canuckistan finally got internet access. Besson is back.

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
Shit, seems like Canuckistan finally got internet access. Besson is back.

-t

You're back.

I'm flattered that you remembered about my move to Toronto. You must like me.

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2014, 11:31 PM

subego
Clinically Insane
Oct 11, 2014, 11:32 PM

Wait... I thought this thread was more Obama cosplay.

Whoops!

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 13, 2014, 11:29 AM

The liberal rag Huffington Post of course....

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
The liberal rag Huffington Post of course....
Based on your Fox News citation in this masterpeace of a thread I'm assuming that you don't find Fox News to be a conservative rag?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2014, 12:28 PM

Links to Huffpo need a warning, for those who refuse to ever visit the site (same goes for Stormfront).
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2014, 02:50 PM

More Obama admin BS. Seems they may be wrong and stupid...again. They seem to be hiding another chunk of bad judgement until AFTER the elections. After all, if they were vindicated it would be all over the news.

Bowe Bergdahl 'deserter' investigation is complete - but verdict will not be determined until after November's elections | Daily Mail Online

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 26, 2014, 06:21 AM

With so many things planned to be done by executive orders AFTER THE MIDTERMS you have to wonder what hell he will force on us next.

Also, funny that Eric Holders WIFE's involvement in Fast-n-Furious is getting executive privilege! Valarie Jarrett too! Oh, Except for the info recovered by Judicial Watch.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2014, 07:56 AM

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2014, 12:33 PM

Obama truly believes that the laws do not apply to those who belong to the ruling class. He needs to be impeached and investigated thoroughly.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2014, 01:32 PM

Well, it's settled.

He's the worst muslim Kenyan black president we're ever had. EVAR.

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
Obama truly believes that the laws do not apply to those who belong to the ruling class. He needs to be impeached and investigated thoroughly.

Why not focus energy on something which might actually matter?

The entire political system is not structurally sound right now, I think it's better to focus on the more permanent fixtures.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2014, 04:57 PM

Permanent fixtures ?

I don't think this means what you think it does.

-t

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2014, 04:59 PM

Yes! The liberal approach has been a disaster. Their 'solution's' have been far worse that when they started. I guess seeing everyone as some sort of stereotype and every situation as a soap opera plot has its downfalls. They "ASSumed" the young would flock to Obamacare. They didn't. The list of mistakes is endless.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2014, 05:08 PM

Permanent fixtures ?

I don't think this means what you think it does.

-t

Long term then.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2014, 05:09 PM

Yes! The liberal approach has been a disaster. Their 'solution's' have been far worse that when they started. I guess seeing everyone as some sort of stereotype and every situation as a soap opera plot has its downfalls. They "ASSumed" the young would flock to Obamacare. They didn't. The list of mistakes is endless.

If there are more people like you out there that really think the core problem in this country is ideology, we are in for years of continued difficulty.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 8, 2014, 08:56 PM

Long term then.
LOL, I'm talking about your usage of "fixtures".

-t

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2014, 02:08 AM

fixture - definition of fixture by The Free Dictionary

Something securely fixed in place.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2014, 10:05 AM

Not really just "something".

a piece of equipment or furniture that is fixed in position in a building or vehicle.
something securely, and usually permanently, attached or appended, as to a house, apartment building, etc.
something (such as a light, toilet, sink, etc.) that is attached to a house or building and that is not removed when the house or building is sold
Again, in your context, I think what you meant is a permanent FIX.

-t

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2014, 10:44 AM

If there are more people like you out there that really think the core problem in this country is ideology, we are in for years of continued difficulty.
Until MORE PEOPLE realize how upside down backwards the liberal 'thought processes' or more precise, that 'feel good cause they suggested something', like banning guns to lower gun violence type action, AND CONTINUING TO TRY IT even though it hasn't ever worked, it makes you wonder if liberals have anything but the attention span of a goldfish. They sure don't see cause and effect very well either. Add in that most compartmentalize their world concepts causing them to be hypocrites, and they are unable to realize this either.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2014, 12:50 PM

Not really just "something".

Again, in your context, I think what you meant is a permanent FIX.

-t
No, it's a metaphor.

The analogy is that our political system is a building, and it is being supported currently by shaky fixtures (i.e. monied entities that write their own legislation, like building pillars that are ready to topple).
( Last edited by besson3c; Nov 9, 2014 at 01:07 PM. )

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2014, 02:07 PM

No, it's a metaphor.

The analogy is that our political system is a building, and it is being supported currently by shaky fixtures (i.e. monied entities that write their own legislation, like building pillars that are ready to topple).
Right.

-t

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2014, 03:52 PM

Like immigration 'reform' via Executive orders, when President LIAR isn't enforcing current laws. So much for his oath of office.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2014, 04:04 PM

Right.

-t

This exchange was most pleasant as usual. Someday I would love to have some hot cocoa with you!

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 9, 2014, 04:05 PM

Until MORE PEOPLE realize how upside down backwards the liberal 'thought processes' or more precise, that 'feel good cause they suggested something', like banning guns to lower gun violence type action, AND CONTINUING TO TRY IT even though it hasn't ever worked, it makes you wonder if liberals have anything but the attention span of a goldfish. They sure don't see cause and effect very well either. Add in that most compartmentalize their world concepts causing them to be hypocrites, and they are unable to realize this either.

If you really think that any of these contested issues are really at the core of why things are the way they are right now, I think you need to take your blinders off. These issues are meant to distract you.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2014, 08:01 AM

Its more about bad choices, poor decisions, and failing to realize it. The idiot mainstream media is still protecting Obama because they don't want to be asked why they endorsed such an ass, and that reflects on their judgement. Its an ego thing with the MSM. Selfish and immature.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2014, 08:49 AM

Its more about bad choices, poor decisions, and failing to realize it. The idiot mainstream media is still protecting Obama because they don't want to be asked why they endorsed such an ass, and that reflects on their judgement. Its an ego thing with the MSM. Selfish and immature.

Whose bad decisions though, those of the puppet, or the puppet master?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2014, 09:51 AM

Since Obama and his admin haven't listened to anyone, I'd say the POTUS and his admin. He didn't listen when actual military experts told him what to do in Iraq, but Obama screwed that up, and now is sending in troops. He isn't listening to Americans on his illegal amnesty plans, he Didn't seem to care about the elections. He only seems to listen to Jarrett.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2014, 10:03 AM

Since Obama and his admin haven't listened to anyone, I'd say the POTUS and his admin. He didn't listen when actual military experts told him what to do in Iraq, but Obama screwed that up, and now is sending in troops. He isn't listening to Americans on his illegal amnesty plans, he Didn't seem to care about the elections. He only seems to listen to Jarrett.

Here's a metaphor that might make my point clearer: Obama is playing a game where he gets some privileges that other players don't, but he is abiding by the rules put in place and orchestrated by somebody else.

If the game is rigged, the object of the game to do something destructive, and it is being played for dubious reasons, why channel all of your energy at the privileged player? Once he leaves he'll be replaced by another player with the same or similar privileges playing the same stupid game.

The fact you are so obsessed in following the game itself speaks greatly to the genius behind the orchestrators of this game.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2014, 01:47 PM

Its the devil in the details. Its not just one person, but a mindset. The problem is the "liberal filter" that can be demonstrated by saying a complex sentence, and seeing if the listener can repeat it exactly, not what they thought they heard through that liberal filter. It can be demonstrated over and over. Liberals observe the world through this filter, mental disorder, or whatever label you want to give it. this is why liberals see the world as stereotypes, and events as soap opera plots. A careful listening of the MSM reporting on any event will display this.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2014, 02:06 PM

Its the devil in the details. Its not just one person, but a mindset. The problem is the "liberal filter" that can be demonstrated by saying a complex sentence, and seeing if the listener can repeat it exactly, not what they thought they heard through that liberal filter. It can be demonstrated over and over. Liberals observe the world through this filter, mental disorder, or whatever label you want to give it. this is why liberals see the world as stereotypes, and events as soap opera plots. A careful listening of the MSM reporting on any event will display this.

You are lost.

The filters in American politics are not liberal or conservative ideologies, they are money. The real power in the US, i.e. monied interests, want people like yourself to think that the real concerns in this country involve what letter appears before a politician's name, but this is not as relevant as you think. Republicans and Democrats will gladly take money from monied interests/lobbyists no matter their politics, and a politician being liberal or conservative does not deter a monied interest from buying them so long as they represent a path to increasing or maintaining power.

Money is neither red nor blue, it's green.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2014, 02:29 PM

Maybe it should be purple.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Maybe it should be purple.

And those that recognize that money is actually green will make sure that liberals and conservatives obsess about whether this shade should be more red than blue, and vice versa.

Sure, ideology is important. But the deciding factor isn't how convincing a liberal or conservative argument is, it's the money path.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2014, 08:19 AM

You are lost.

The filters in American politics are not liberal or conservative ideologies, they are money. The real power in the US, i.e. monied interests, want people like yourself to think that the real concerns in this country involve what letter appears before a politician's name, but this is not as relevant as you think. Republicans and Democrats will gladly take money from monied interests/lobbyists no matter their politics, and a politician being liberal or conservative does not deter a monied interest from buying them so long as they represent a path to increasing or maintaining power.

Money is neither red nor blue, it's green.
More assumptions? You missed the point, probably due to your own liberal filter.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 11, 2014, 08:46 AM

I give up.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2014, 09:21 AM

More lies from the transparent White House.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/09/ca...cans-pass-law/

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 11, 2014, 10:02 AM

BadKosh: I hope someday you realize how manipulated you have been in focusing so intensely on the distraction, rather than the root cause of the distraction.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2014, 10:56 AM

You mean the lack of character of many politicians? Apparently you either don't notice things like that or don't care about it. My point has been how wrong headed the liberal mindset is and how much damage they've done. It has to do with the way they think. Again, its the details you seem to miss.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Nov 11, 2014, 11:08 AM

You mean the lack of character of many politicians? Apparently you either don't notice things like that or don't care about it. My point has been how wrong headed the liberal mindset is and how much damage they've done. It has to do with the way they think. Again, its the details you seem to miss.
You're a broken record. There isn't a single soul here that is unaware of your feelings about the "liberal mindset". What doesn't seem to be sinking in with you is that the problems in American politics go far beyond liberal or conservative mindsets. If we woke up tomorrow to there being no more liberal politicians in office, we'd still have many of these same problems.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2014, 04:36 PM

If we woke up tomorrow to there being no more liberal politicians in office, we'd still have many of these same problems.
Not to mention a whole slew of new ones.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 17, 2014, 10:09 AM

So, Gruber thinks the CBO and the GAO are stupid? So are the 'average ignorant voters' who trusted the Democrats to tell the truth. He said the same thing at several different times. Pelosi said in 2009 that this Genius from MIT was helping to write Obamacare, but last week states she never heard of him!

Do you think the SCOTUS will take a dim view on Obamacare and the way it was sold to strike large parts of it down?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2014, 10:31 AM

But, we knew this already...

"Judicial Watch reports that the Obama administration has turned over about 42,000 pages of documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal. The administration was forced to turn the documents over to Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit. Judicial Watch is posting them on its web site. The administration turned them over on November 18, 2014.

One of the documents provides smoking gun proof that the Obama White House and the Eric Holder Justice Department colluded to get CBS News to block reporter Sharyl Attkisson. Attkisson was one of the few mainstream media reporters who paid any attention to the deadly gun-running scandal.

In an email dated October 4, 2011, Attorney General Holder’s top press aide, Tracy Schmaler, called Attkisson “out of control.” Schmaler told White House Deputy Press Secretary Eric Schultz that he intended to call CBS news anchor Bob Schieffer to get the network to stop Attkisson.

Schultz replied, “Good. Her piece was really bad for the AG.”

Schultz also told Schmaler that he was working with reporter Susan Davis, then at the National Journal, to target Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA). Issa led the House investigation into Fast and Furious. Davis now works at USA Today. In the email chain, Schultz tells Schmaler that he would provide Davis with “leaks.”

Davis wrote a critical piece on Issa a few weeks later.

Attkisson was later subjected to hacking of her computer by people who remain unknown, but who likely belong to a government agency. She and CBS parted ways earlier in 2014, and Attkisson has since said that the network blocked her reports from airing."

Forum Links
Forum Rules